Nimda Virus
Author Message
 Nimda Virus

Hello:
I found the Nimda virus on my system and eliminated it with Norton.  I
thought I did at least.  I am running W2K and the virus seems to create two
(2) guest user accounts named IUSR_Computer1 and IWAM_Computer1 where
Computer1 is the name of my W2K machine.
Although I delete these users they again appear after the next reboot.  How
do I get rid of these users for good and prevent them from being recreated?
Is this virus still operating within my system even though the Norton
antivirus says it is not?
Any help is greatly appreciated.
-Tom

Thomas L. Byers

http://www.*-*-*.com/
First Systems Corporation, Inc.
4 Chatham Court
Westerly, RI 02891
(401) 348-0542
(401) 348-0642 fax

Fri, 12 Mar 2004 01:37:25 GMT
 Nimda Virus
This useraccounts dont have anything to do with Nimda. This is accounts who
is used by IIS to give access to your IIS site. If you dont have a IIS
running you can deactivate the accounts in user manager.

Georg Ekrems?ter

Quote:
> Hello:
> I found the Nimda virus on my system and eliminated it with Norton.  I
> thought I did at least.  I am running W2K and the virus seems to create
two
> (2) guest user accounts named IUSR_Computer1 and IWAM_Computer1 where
> Computer1 is the name of my W2K machine.
> Although I delete these users they again appear after the next reboot.
How
> do I get rid of these users for good and prevent them from being
recreated?
> Is this virus still operating within my system even though the Norton
> antivirus says it is not?
> Any help is greatly appreciated.
> -Tom

> Thomas L. Byers

> http://www.first-sys.com
> First Systems Corporation, Inc.
> 4 Chatham Court
> Westerly, RI 02891
> (401) 348-0542
> (401) 348-0642 fax

Fri, 12 Mar 2004 07:05:59 GMT
 Nimda Virus
Thanks,
Didn't realize that's what they were for.  Thought that they were associated
with the virus.
Thanks again,
Tom

Quote:
> This useraccounts dont have anything to do with Nimda. This is accounts
who
> is used by IIS to give access to your IIS site. If you dont have a IIS
> running you can deactivate the accounts in user manager.

> Georg Ekrems?ter

> > Hello:
> > I found the Nimda virus on my system and eliminated it with Norton.  I
> > thought I did at least.  I am running W2K and the virus seems to create
> two
> > (2) guest user accounts named IUSR_Computer1 and IWAM_Computer1 where
> > Computer1 is the name of my W2K machine.
> > Although I delete these users they again appear after the next reboot.
> How
> > do I get rid of these users for good and prevent them from being
> recreated?
> > Is this virus still operating within my system even though the Norton
> > antivirus says it is not?
> > Any help is greatly appreciated.
> > -Tom

> > Thomas L. Byers

> > http://www.first-sys.com
> > First Systems Corporation, Inc.
> > 4 Chatham Court
> > Westerly, RI 02891
> > (401) 348-0542
> > (401) 348-0642 fax

Fri, 12 Mar 2004 07:39:27 GMT
 Nimda Virus
i also tried to remove nimda from my win2k system with the utility that
norton provides (fixnimda.com), but the worm kicked up again after i started
the system. what happened is, i tried to download win2k sp2, but all i got
was a quicktime icon (presumably because i had set quicktime as the default
audio/x-wav handler, and this is the mime type which nimda co-opts). so i am
still battling.

Wed, 24 Mar 2004 06:58:28 GMT
 Nimda Virus
Hi,

I guess you may visit http://www.norman.com/virus_info/w32_nimda.shtml and
http://vil.nai.com/vil/virusSummary.asp?virus_k=99209 for a detailed
information of fighting against nimbda !!!

by the way, norton was unable to detect and clean this virus at the first 10
days period ! just quarantined it...

ms patches are MUST to solve this issue !!

Quote:
> Hello:
> I found the Nimda virus on my system and eliminated it with Norton.  I
> thought I did at least.  I am running W2K and the virus seems to create
two
> (2) guest user accounts named IUSR_Computer1 and IWAM_Computer1 where
> Computer1 is the name of my W2K machine.
> Although I delete these users they again appear after the next reboot.
How
> do I get rid of these users for good and prevent them from being
recreated?
> Is this virus still operating within my system even though the Norton
> antivirus says it is not?
> Any help is greatly appreciated.
> -Tom

> Thomas L. Byers

> http://www.first-sys.com
> First Systems Corporation, Inc.
> 4 Chatham Court
> Westerly, RI 02891
> (401) 348-0542
> (401) 348-0642 fax

Mon, 29 Mar 2004 01:11:28 GMT

1. NIMDA virus

2. removal of nimda virus

3. Nimda Virus

4. NIMDA VIRUS

5. Nimda virus keeps trying to attack. Please help...

6. Norton Virus Alert...(W32.Nimda.enc)

7. Win32 Nimda.A@mm (dr) and Win32 Nimda.E@mm (dr)

8. W32.Nimda.A@mm and W32.Nimda.enc

9. VIRUS VIRUS VIRUS

11. bugabear virus and sweetadeline1 w32KlezEremovaltools virus

12. Virus/Test Virus wanted!