virus with explorer.exe file
Author Message
 virus with explorer.exe file

I have just installed Norton Antivirus on my PC - when I
ran this it picked up a virus on the explorer.exe file in
my PC - the AV software cannot remove this and nor can I.

The version of internet explorer is a few years old now I
think its version 4.0. I have since then installed MSN
explorer - which seems to work for a while and then
doesn't - the only way I can get it to work is by
uninstalling it and then installing it again. The other
related problem to this is that I can see my e-mails on
hotmail but I cannot respond to them or send out any
emails.

Can anyone help??

Mon, 04 Jul 2005 00:14:20 GMT
 virus with explorer.exe file

1)  MSN explorer and Internet explorer are the same thing    Explorer.exe has nothing
to do with internter explorer

What virus does your system say you have?  Do you have your OS disks?

:
: The version of internet explorer is a few years old now I
: think its version 4.0. I have since then installed MSN
: explorer - which seems to work for a while and then
: doesn't - the only way I can get it to work is by
: uninstalling it and then installing it again. The other
: related problem to this is that I can see my e-mails on
: hotmail but I cannot respond to them or send out any
: emails.
:
: Can anyone help??

Mon, 04 Jul 2005 06:25:46 GMT
 virus with explorer.exe file

just my 2 cents here.  I used to go round and round with Microsoft's own
help line.  Internet Explorer and MSN Explorer are NOT the same thing.

Quote:
> 1)  MSN explorer and Internet explorer are the same thing    Explorer.exe
has nothing
> to do with internter explorer

> What virus does your system say you have?  Do you have your OS disks?

> : I have just installed Norton Antivirus on my PC - when I
> : ran this it picked up a virus on the explorer.exe file in
> : my PC - the AV software cannot remove this and nor can I.
> :
> : The version of internet explorer is a few years old now I
> : think its version 4.0. I have since then installed MSN
> : explorer - which seems to work for a while and then
> : doesn't - the only way I can get it to work is by
> : uninstalling it and then installing it again. The other
> : related problem to this is that I can see my e-mails on
> : hotmail but I cannot respond to them or send out any
> : emails.
> :
> : Can anyone help??

Mon, 04 Jul 2005 12:15:58 GMT
 virus with explorer.exe file
Actually you are right  MSN explorer is {*filter*} (As bad as AOL explorer)

: just my 2 cents here.  I used to go round and round with Microsoft's own
: help line.  Internet Explorer and MSN Explorer are NOT the same thing.

: > 1)  MSN explorer and Internet explorer are the same thing    Explorer.exe
: has nothing
: > to do with internter explorer
: >
: > What virus does your system say you have?  Do you have your OS disks?
: >
: >

: > : I have just installed Norton Antivirus on my PC - when I
: > : ran this it picked up a virus on the explorer.exe file in
: > : my PC - the AV software cannot remove this and nor can I.
: > :
: > : The version of internet explorer is a few years old now I
: > : think its version 4.0. I have since then installed MSN
: > : explorer - which seems to work for a while and then
: > : doesn't - the only way I can get it to work is by
: > : uninstalling it and then installing it again. The other
: > : related problem to this is that I can see my e-mails on
: > : hotmail but I cannot respond to them or send out any
: > : emails.
: > :
: > : Can anyone help??
: >
:
:

Mon, 04 Jul 2005 20:16:44 GMT

1. virus in explorer.exe???

2. what virus cpontains the exe file CFGWIZ32.exe

3. Virus - file jdbgmgr.exe

4. dialer virus in explorer

5. Virus in Explorer

6. Illegal Operation in Explorer.exe

7. Icon tray when explorer.exe dies

9. two instances of explorer.exe?

10. How can I know the .EXE file name, file date, file size

11. VIRUS VIRUS VIRUS