Virus alert
Author Message
 Virus alert

Hi,
Received a virus alert and deleted the jdbjmge file, does
anyone know how to restore it?
Many thanks Gaby

Tue, 29 Mar 2005 08:41:12 GMT
 Virus alert

check out

http://www.microsoft.com/java/vm/dl_vm40.htm

Phil

Quote:

> Hi,
> Received a virus alert and deleted the jdbjmge file, does
> anyone know how to restore it?
> Many thanks Gaby

Tue, 29 Mar 2005 18:55:10 GMT
 Virus alert
Please search through this newsgroup BEFORE posting a topic.  This topic has
been covered numerous times.

Never delete files just because an e-mail says so.  First thing is to obtain
a proper virus checker and download the latest definitions for it, then scan
the suspicious file.  Also, it won't hurt to go to a website like
http://www.sarc.com and check their encyclopaedia for this.

In this case, you shouldn't delete the file.  The e-mail is a well-known
hoax.  However, it is possible that this file could be infected by another
virus.  Hence, the check above.

To replace the file, follow the instructions below.

From John Clifford Hole [MVP] of Enfield Middlesex

How to replace jdbgmgr.exe.

For all versions of Windows.

1. Go to  http://www.microsoft.com/java/download.htm

2.  Choose VM and Debug Classes for x86

3. Select the Microsoft VM build 3805 for Windows 95/98, Windows Me, Windows
NT 4.0 and Windows XP 5.5 MB.

4. Note:  if running Windows 2000 select the Microsoft VM  build 3805 for
Microsoft Windows 2000 (Hotfix

5. Download and save the file to c:\temp directory

6. Run the msjavx86.exe file

7. Reboot

OR

For Windows 95

JDBGMGR  EXE   47,616  08-24-96 11:11a  is in the Win95_09.cab File so
locate this file and copy it to C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM.

For Windows 98 and Windows ME

From http://vil.mcafee.com/dispVirus.asp?virus_k=99436 .

In the event that JDBGMGR.EXE was deleted erroneously, the following method
may be used to restore the file from backup:

-- Windows 98 Instructions --

1) Click START - RUN, type SFC and hit ENTER
2) In the "Specify the system file you would like to restore" field, type
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\JDBGMGR.EXE and hit ENTER
3) In the RESTORE FROM field, type in the path to your WINDOWS CAB files
(ie. C:\WINDOWS\OPTIONS\CABS)
(ie. D:\WIN98 where D is the drive letter assigned to your CD-ROM)
4) Click OK and continue with the restore function

-- End Windows 98 Instructions --

-- Windows ME Instructions --

1) Click START - RUN, type MSCONFIG and hit ENTER
2) Click the Extract Files button
3) In the "Specify the system file you would like to restore" field, type
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\JDBGMGR.EXE and hit ENTER
4) In the RESTORE FROM field, type in the path to your WINDOWS CAB files
(ie. C:\WINDOWS\OPTIONS\INSTALL)
5) Click OK and continue with the restore function

Quote:
> Hi,
> Received a virus alert and deleted the jdbjmge file, does
> anyone know how to restore it?
> Many thanks Gaby

Tue, 29 Mar 2005 18:58:53 GMT

1. Product Support Services - Moderate Security Alert - Virus Alert: Klez-E

2. EMAIL VIRUS ALERT

3. Virus Alert

4. Virus alert

5. Virus alert - I just got 3 mails w/ this, norton caught it

6. OT: VIRUS ALERT!

7. Virus Alert: Unwarrented?

8. Very Funny.vbs Virus Alert

9. FREE Virus Alert Newsletter

10. Bogus Virus Alert

11. Virus Alert - RE: Soak rice stick noodles in hot water