Requests by firewall for MicrosoftQMgr to access Internet
Author Message
 Requests by firewall for MicrosoftQMgr to access Internet

I have just had 2 weeks of getting e-mails from other
network administrators that the e-mails I sent them
contained a virus.  However, I did not send these e-mails
as I do no know these people and they are not in my
Address Book.  In 2 weeks time I received 327 e-mails like
this.  There were never any sent e-mails in my Sent E-
mails to indicate I had ever sent any of these.

After working with my DSL provider, it was determined that
at some point, a "worm" or something had found a weakness
in my Windows 98/Outlook programs and this worm was going
out into Internet looking for certain e-mail combinations
and sending these messages.

Per the instructions of tech support at DSL provider, I
went to Microsoft site (for the first time, I'm ashamed to
say) and downloaded the latest security fixes and then
performed a full online virus scan from my Norton
Antivirus and Internet security program.  Today, for the
first day in weeks I am not receiving these network
messages.

However, what concerns me is that firewall is telling me
that Microsoft QMgr is attempting to access the Internet.
I haven't seen this message in months, but have said yes
to in past.  Now, I am afraid to say yes but am answering
NO.

Question:  is the Microsoft QMgr part of the problem with
possible weakness in Microsoft that may be a worm.  Also,
there is a pop up now this says, "Missing shortcut for
EbmMgr.exe"  Could these 2 things be related to my virus
problem or do they belong on my computer.

Help!

Sun, 01 May 2005 11:43:16 GMT

1. Accessing envy behind a firewall

2. post request internet explorer