maybe its a virus help
Author Message
 maybe its a virus help

Hi everybody! Since 20 September when i have my outlook minimize a message
appears on the task bar and indicates i have new unopened items but when i
open outlook there is nothing in my inbox folder.  Does anybody knows what
it is?

Fri, 23 Apr 2004 17:33:07 GMT
 maybe its a virus help
Nimda..........may be......

Quote:
> Hi everybody! Since 20 September when i have my outlook minimize a message
> appears on the task bar and indicates i have new unopened items but when i
> open outlook there is nothing in my inbox folder.  Does anybody knows what
> it is?

Fri, 23 Apr 2004 21:47:28 GMT
 maybe its a virus help
Hi,

if you have set Rules for the coming e-mails and using Outlook Express, it
may show the folder where the new message has located, but in MS Outlook, it
does not show the folder, so you must find it.

If you have McAfee VSC and using OutlookExpress it means you may be lost
your e-mail because of a bug in VSC.

Quote:
> Hi everybody! Since 20 September when i have my outlook minimize a message
> appears on the task bar and indicates i have new unopened items but when i
> open outlook there is nothing in my inbox folder.  Does anybody knows what
> it is?

Sat, 24 Apr 2004 18:52:14 GMT
 maybe its a virus help

Hi,

if you are using NAV and all settings have been adjusted as Symanyec has announced and advised ( such as scan all files ) you are probably in safe.

But, a virus might have been infected at the time before NAV installation or an expolid / vulnarablity has been used to infect your system.

Thus,
  a.. you may have a clean boot of your system for a total scan
  b.. then you must be sure if you have installed all security patches and SPs desired by any SW on your PC / Netwrok. ( first of all Microsoft )
  c.. for NAV :
    a.. Run LiveUpdate to make sure that you have the most recent virus definitions.
    b.. Start Norton AntiVirus (NAV), and make sure that NAV is configured to scan all files. For instructions on how to do this, read the document How to configure Norton AntiVirus to scan all files.
    c.. Run a full system scan.
    d.. Delete / Repair / Clean all files that are detected as infected by a virus and, if necessary, replace them with clean backup copies.
    e.. Double check the registry and system files for a suspicious "key" might have been recorded by the virus and delete the all if found.

By the way, do not forget that, if any Microsoft SW do such this kind of "abnormal" jobs, it is "normal"...  :))

Regards...

Orhan

  I HAVE NORTON ANTIVIRUS SOFTWARE.  DO YOY THINK THAT I HAVE VIRUS ON MY NETWORK?

  > Hi,

  > if you have set Rules for the coming e-mails and using Outlook Express, it
  > may show the folder where the new message has located, but in MS Outlook, it
  > does not show the folder, so you must find it.

  > If you have McAfee VSC and using OutlookExpress it means you may be lost
  > your e-mail because of a bug in VSC.

  > > Hi everybody! Since 20 September when i have my outlook minimize a message
  > > appears on the task bar and indicates i have new unopened items but when i
  > > open outlook there is nothing in my inbox folder.  Does anybody knows what
  > > it is?

Sat, 24 Apr 2004 21:43:42 GMT

1. virus maybe???

2. maybe virus trickler_3210.exe

3. Maybe Virus?

4. maybe a virus?

5. cannot start application - maybe a virus

6. Help me get rid of this virus post has a virus in the post

7. Virus Boot - Boot virus - help

8. VIRUS VIRUS VIRUS

9. Not a Clipper question but maybe some one can help

10. Rebol question - maybe someone can help me?

11. Maybe I can help..

12. php versions (maybe) help