Nimda A - Windows 2000 Small Business Server
Author Message
 Nimda A - Windows 2000 Small Business Server

I have no clue what i'm doing we just got windows sbs 2000
server. And the cpu is 1ghz and was running at 100% when i
looked we had a file mmc.exe that was bogging it down so i
stopped it and the cpu dropped to 8-15%. I did some
research and i'm finding out that i think we have the
nimdaA virus, however we do have norton corporate
antivirus edition it still is not detecting it even after
doing an update. I have ran the removal tool from norton
and reinstalled windows 2000 sp2 and deleted the
riched20.dll files. what else do i need to do? how do i
know if it is gone since norton never detected it in the
first place?

Tue, 31 Aug 2004 01:09:35 GMT
 Nimda A - Windows 2000 Small Business Server
MMS is the Microsoft Management Console.  It may have been running high during an install or a remote session and somehow left open, or had an issue during startup.

: I have no clue what i'm doing we just got windows sbs 2000
: server. And the cpu is 1ghz and was running at 100% when i
: looked we had a file mmc.exe that was bogging it down so i
: stopped it and the cpu dropped to 8-15%. I did some
: research and i'm finding out that i think we have the
: nimdaA virus, however we do have norton corporate
: antivirus edition it still is not detecting it even after
: doing an update. I have ran the removal tool from norton
: and reinstalled windows 2000 sp2 and deleted the
: riched20.dll files. what else do i need to do? how do i
: know if it is gone since norton never detected it in the
: first place?
:

Tue, 31 Aug 2004 02:24:24 GMT

1. Windows 2000 Small Business Server

2. Small Business web servers

3. Slow response on Small Business server 4.5

4. VW/GS Remote SharedPageCache and Windows 2000 Advanced Server problem

5. WINDOWS 2000 Server SP3 + Hyperthreading

6. Windows 2000 server IIS5 and Clarion 5.5

7. Windows 2000 server

8. Windows 2000 Server Question

9. How increase write speed on Windows 2000 Server

10. Clarion 5.5 with Windows 2000 Server

11. windows 2000 server speed problem

12. Clipper 5.3b app in Windows 2000 Server