recovering from virus
Author Message
 recovering from virus

Quote:
got
>things running again (25 hours of tech help later) and
>loaded the norton anti-virus 2003 professional edition.
>then received updates for my computer from microsoft that
>i chose to load , but forgot to disable the anti-virus
>utility. will i have to get the updates back off and then
>put them back on again? please help

No.  If you didn't receive any error messages, the
antivirus probably did not cause a problem.  Disabling
antivirus was a lot more important several years ago, and
is more of a precaution than an absolute requirement.
Lots of companies roll out microsoft patches to computers
across the network without disabling antivirus.

Sun, 01 May 2005 01:39:48 GMT
 recovering from virus
just finished removing virus from the computer and had to
to do a clean start. dumped everything off and finally got
things running again (25 hours of tech help later) and
loaded the norton anti-virus 2003 professional edition.
then received updates for my computer from microsoft that
i chose to load , but forgot to disable the anti-virus
utility. will i have to get the updates back off and then
put them back on again? please help

Sun, 01 May 2005 00:56:32 GMT

1. Hoax virus - how do I recover?

2. How can I Recover my system from this virus

3. VIRUS VIRUS VIRUS

5. bugabear virus and sweetadeline1 w32KlezEremovaltools virus

6. Virus/Test Virus wanted!

7. Help me get rid of this virus post has a virus in the post

8. Are Virus Protection Firms the Virus Coders !!

9. Virus Boot - Boot virus - help

10. Recover your system in seconds£?Don't worry about viruses and harmful web.Please give it a try£?

11. Don't worry about viruses and harmful web.Recover your system in seconds.Please give it a try! ^_^

12. Recovering Library