Antivirus recommendation for Win2K SERVER
Author Message
 Antivirus recommendation for Win2K SERVER

So I'm running Win2K Server on both my desktop and my laptop because I'm an
ASP developer and need to have IIS handy at all times.  Aside from IIS, I
may as well be using W2K Pro.  I don't use the systems as "servers".

My problem is that I can't find any personal antivirus program to run on
these systems.  I can't afford to get any high-end "server-level" package,
much less need such.  What are my options?

TIA

KV

Sun, 25 Apr 2004 13:48:46 GMT
 Antivirus recommendation for Win2K SERVER
You are aware the W2K Pro includes IIS, no?

Quote:
> So I'm running Win2K Server on both my desktop and my laptop because I'm
an
> ASP developer and need to have IIS handy at all times.  Aside from IIS, I
> may as well be using W2K Pro.  I don't use the systems as "servers".

> My problem is that I can't find any personal antivirus program to run on
> these systems.  I can't afford to get any high-end "server-level" package,
> much less need such.  What are my options?

> TIA

> KV

Mon, 26 Apr 2004 23:56:14 GMT
 Antivirus recommendation for Win2K SERVER
Hi,

yes, you can not run "personal" AV on a server as usual... But you can
download and use evaluate copies! ( you can try McAfee NetShield www.nai.com
or Norton Anti Virus for server www.symantec.com )

As far as I remember, NVC of Norman for Client - WorkStation may run on
win2k server either... You can get an evaluate copy from www.norman.com an
try it.

best regards...

Quote:
> So I'm running Win2K Server on both my desktop and my laptop because I'm
an
> ASP developer and need to have IIS handy at all times.  Aside from IIS, I
> may as well be using W2K Pro.  I don't use the systems as "servers".

> My problem is that I can't find any personal antivirus program to run on
> these systems.  I can't afford to get any high-end "server-level" package,
> much less need such.  What are my options?

> TIA

> KV

Tue, 27 Apr 2004 00:46:47 GMT

1. Cheap AntiVirus Software for Win2K Server ?

2. antivirus : i want a antivirus for exchange server 5.5

3. antivirus for server

4. Clarion, Win2k Server networks & MS Access

5. Win2K Server OK with Clipper?

6. VDM???.TMP Files with Win2k/XP on Novell Server

7. Win2K Server SP3- Very Slow

8. Win2k Terminal Server

9. Win2K Server: Index or LASTREC()-Error sometimes???

10. Win2k Server Optimization Settings

11. BDFNTX/1034 Lock Failure - Win2k server

12. Ruby DBI, MySQL and Win2K Server