how much do you need
Author Message
 how much do you need

Sometimes there's too much.

What Microsoft antivirus?

I would stick with Norton antivirus if you have it and getting updates isn't
overpriced.  If you have no other firewall, I'd continue to use Norton
internet security, as well, I suspect.

Microsoft has added no virus-detection functionality to their OS's recently.
They have closed a good many loopholes that virus writers might use to gain
entry, but they can't prevent you from clicking on that cute screensaver
that Aunt Mary sent you.

Quote:
> Hi folks,  Just a quick question, with microsoft anti-
> virus, and constant security updates, etc., and email
> anti-virus, etc., do you still need norton anti-virus and
> norton internet security??  Is there ever
> enough???!!!

Tue, 05 Jul 2005 10:41:41 GMT
 how much do you need

Hi folks,  Just a quick question, with microsoft anti-
virus, and constant security updates, etc., and email
anti-virus, etc., do you still need norton anti-virus and
norton internet security??  Is there ever
enough???!!!

Tue, 05 Jul 2005 10:31:18 GMT
 how much do you need

MS does not have an AV nor a firewall ... so am not sure where you heard that

There is a need for a good AV and good firewall on any computer that ever goes on the
internet or gets email

: Hi folks,  Just a quick question, with microsoft anti-
: virus, and constant security updates, etc., and email
: anti-virus, etc., do you still need norton anti-virus and
: norton internet security??  Is there ever
: enough???!!!

Tue, 05 Jul 2005 21:36:51 GMT
 how much do you need
Yes, antivirus and firewall [and antivirus updates weekly] are highly
recommended.  Only Windows XP comes with the ICF firewall included, and
there is no Microsoft Antivirus.  www.grisoft.com is free antivirus,
www.sygate.com and others are free firewall.

Security is always optional and needs vary from user to user.  The point of
security is not to make your computer impenetrable, but to reduce your risk
of loss of time and money to an acceptable level.  You don't NEED to run
antivirus or firewall, but if you don't, you could be risking losing data or
free time during a future security incident.  Personally I think antivirus
and firewall are much easier and take less effort on your part than
hardening your system and keeping up with security patches, so if you've
already done the latter two, adding the first two should normally not be
painful.

Quote:
> Hi folks,  Just a quick question, with microsoft anti-
> virus, and constant security updates, etc., and email
> anti-virus, etc., do you still need norton anti-virus and
> norton internet security??  Is there ever
> enough???!!!

---

Thu, 07 Jul 2005 22:57:02 GMT

1. Doing assembly and really doing assembly

2. Doing assembly and really doing assembly

3. Need assistance with doing something [semi-LONG]

4. Cry For Help - Need work done on PB Source - $$$

5. NEED MONEY, LEASING, LOANS, FINANCING WE GET IT DONE 5606

6. I need some work done.....

7. Need Example CICS/REXX doing CICS LINK with COMMAREA to non-REXX PGM

8. In need of firm doing commercial Ada development

9. Novice Programmer needs help doing something simple, MERGE

10. I need help doing a prolog multi-insert!!!

11. Need suggestion on doing character-graphic testing

12. need help doing peek-char from f77 FORTRAN on UNIX box