Possible virus
Author Message
 Possible virus

I received an email with an attachment on it (.jpg), which
I attempted to open.  It froze my computer and when I went
to reboot it, I lost all of the emails in my inbox (only
my inbox).  I did a virus check using symantec and found
nothing.  Do I have a virus??  How do I get the emails
back from my inbox?

Tue, 07 Jun 2005 14:35:31 GMT
 Possible virus
A good example of how to get infected.
Did you know the person this came from?  Did any kind of
explanation go with the e-mail? what was the name of the
JPG. what was the subject of the e-mail?

I would say just off the top, this looks like a typical
virus attack, but who knows, once infected the newer viri
disable your AV software, if you have a rescue disc
I would suggest booting to that disc dos and scan from
there
after a power off of course..

Quote:

Sat, 11 Jun 2005 10:50:51 GMT

1. POSSIBLE VIRUS IN YOUR MAIL

2. Possible Virus

3. Possible Virus

4. Qmgr problem.....possible virus?

5. possible virus

6. Problems with possible virus

7. Possible virus???

8. Possible virus

9. Description of a possible virus infection

10. possible virus, is email from MS or not?

11. Possible Virus.