virus from ms-security website disabled Norton Antivirus
Author Message
 virus from ms-security website disabled Norton Antivirus

My pc was set up for auto-update. I was notified that
there was an update from the ms security website.  Right
after installing the updates my NA said virus found,
name "".  Now my NA is disabled and says unhandled
exception has occurred...The Error was Unknown (0xC0000005)

This also happened to me a little while ago.  I had to re-
format my hard disk, so I lost everything on my hard drive.

Is there a way to eliminate this virus (which is now not
detected, it was put in quarantine but now NA is disabled)
without having to re-format my hard drive???

Why is a virus contained in Microsoft Update Downloads????

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Bob

Tue, 05 Apr 2005 05:01:57 GMT
 virus from ms-security website disabled Norton Antivirus
This is a false positive, always disable your AV scanner
when doing an update via MSwebsite, you don't have a virus

Quote:

Tue, 05 Apr 2005 05:25:50 GMT

1. Do I need TO disable Norton Anti=Virus Wnen I'm going to install updates

2. virus in security message purporting to be from MS

3. Memory leak and Norton Antivirus

4. Clipper and Norton Antivirus

5. Norton AntiVirus slows Clipper app on a network ???

6. Bizzare Observation with CVF 6.x and Norton Antivirus

7. norton antivirus 2002

8. Norton AntiVirus 5.0

9. Norton's Antivirus 2003

10. Norton Antivirus Can't enable auto protece

11. Norton Antivirus Renewal Popup

12. Norton AntiVirus can not be uninstalled