Many HTTP Network Activey. virus? Nimda??
Author Message
 Many HTTP Network Activey. virus? Nimda??

Hi,

When i keep my computer idle for sometime, I see hell lot of network
activity in my cable modem.

If I type netstat command that time, I can see around 50 http connections
made to various IP addresses. Most of them are in SYNC_SENT state.

I think my computer is infected with virus. It had nimda virus a month ago.
After that I had installed Norton Anti Virus. Even after cleaning the system
I use to get virus detection messages in TFTP* files. So i replaced tftp.exe
in system32 directory as a 0 length readonly file.

Any ideas why I see this much network activity?

Rajesh

Wed, 01 Sep 2004 18:46:26 GMT
 Many HTTP Network Activey. virus? Nimda??
try installing Zone Alarm and see what it shows -- you could have some type of backdoor
program running without you knowing it

: Hi,
:
: When i keep my computer idle for sometime, I see hell lot of network
: activity in my cable modem.
:
: If I type netstat command that time, I can see around 50 http connections
: made to various IP addresses. Most of them are in SYNC_SENT state.
:
: I think my computer is infected with virus. It had nimda virus a month ago.
: After that I had installed Norton Anti Virus. Even after cleaning the system
: I use to get virus detection messages in TFTP* files. So i replaced tftp.exe
: in system32 directory as a 0 length readonly file.
:
: Any ideas why I see this much network activity?
:
: Rajesh
:
:

Thu, 02 Sep 2004 01:24:03 GMT

1. NIMDA virus

2. removal of nimda virus

3. Nimda Virus

4. NIMDA VIRUS

5. Norton Virus Alert...(W32.Nimda.enc)

6. Nimda Virus

7. Win32 Nimda.A@mm (dr) and Win32 Nimda.E@mm (dr)

8. W32.Nimda.A@mm and W32.Nimda.enc

9. VIRUS VIRUS VIRUS

10. Network Virus

11. Home network and anti-virus software

12. Solution to mIRC and Secedit Virus Networking Problems