New virus related newsgroup
Author Message
 New virus related newsgroup

We know from the volume of virus related phone calls we receive via the free
support number 1-866-PCSAFETY that thousands of individuals have questions
and issues about virus activity. While this newsgroup
(microsoft.public.scripting.virus.discussion) has been very helpful to those
who have ended up here, we have found that it's discoverability and purpose
are not easy or clear.

In an effort to help those who turn to newsgroups for virus issues find the
help they need, we have created a new virus newsgroup at:

microsoft.public.security.virus

We, Microsoft, will be monitoring this group on a regular basis and posting
virus alerts there as well. We encourage all of you to start posting your
questions in this new group and to watch for our alerts.

I would also like to thank the many individuals who spend their own valuable
time here helping those who need it. Your contributions are invaluable. I
would like to encourage all of you to also begin participating in the new
group.

Links to additional support information:

http://www.*-*-*.com/
http://www.*-*-*.com/
virus/default.asp
http://www.*-*-*.com/
virus/alerts/default.asp

Thank you!

--
Regards,

Jerry Bryant - MCSE, MCDBA
Microsoft IT Communities

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security

Sat, 22 Jan 2005 06:24:52 GMT

1. New Assembly Related newsgroups.

3. How are these newsgroups related?

4. Any other MVS related newsgroup

5. newsgroup related

6. Is this a DFT/Scan/Test related newsgroup?

7. .com extension in COMMAND -- virus related ?

8. McAfee NewsSniffer Warning: Virus posted to this newsgroup

9. VIRUS VIRUS VIRUS

10. Related Q: A New Variable's Value

11. OFF TOPIC - Hipaa requirements specifically relating to New York Medicaid