Clean out Bugbear?
Author Message
 Clean out Bugbear?

I received infected bugbear attachments. My anti-virus
software blocked it on my computer. My friend must be
infected already. How does she clean it out of her
computer system once infected? The patch works only as a
prevention, I believe.

Tue, 29 Mar 2005 09:08:37 GMT
 Clean out Bugbear?

Quote:
> I received infected bugbear attachments. My anti-virus
> software blocked it on my computer. My friend must be
> infected already. How does she clean it out of her
> computer system once infected? The patch works only as a
> prevention, I believe.

Goto to the Sophos website - they have clean up tools for bugbear there.

http://www.sophos.com

Regards,

Mike

Tue, 29 Mar 2005 19:14:15 GMT
 Clean out Bugbear?

Quote:
> I received infected bugbear attachments. My anti-virus
> software blocked it on my computer. My friend must be
> infected already. How does she clean it out of her
> computer system once infected? The patch works only as a
> prevention, I believe.

I should also have said that your friend should then go to

http://www.grisoft.com and download their *FREE* AVG virus scanner.

With good virus scanner at this price there really is no excuse not to have
one.

Regards,

Mike

Tue, 29 Mar 2005 19:21:44 GMT
 Clean out Bugbear?
Make sure she gets an anti virus program.  Keep it up to date.  Download the
removal tool (to check for this
specific virus) at

Quote:
> I received infected bugbear attachments. My anti-virus
> software blocked it on my computer. My friend must be
> infected already. How does she clean it out of her
> computer system once infected? The patch works only as a
> prevention, I believe.

Tue, 29 Mar 2005 19:35:12 GMT
 Clean out Bugbear?
Clearly it's not a Microsoft problem.  Your e-mails are infected so of
course you have to go through the routine to clean and disinfect the
infected e-mail.  The virus will try to infect your machine as soon as you
preview the e-mail using the Preview Pane.  One way round it is to turn off
the Preview Pane by going to View, Layout and taking off check mark next to
Preview Pane.  Then you should tell OE to use the Restricted Security
settings (Tools, Options, Security tab, Restricted Sites Zone option).  Then
go to http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com and download all Critical Updates
for your machine (there is at least one for OE that will stop e-mails
launching attachments automatically)

Quote:

Sat, 02 Apr 2005 00:26:51 GMT

1. [Clean]:trouble installing clean on linux

2. clean, non-clean functions

3. Print outs of Richtext Streams

4. Macro and struct call-outs from Eiffel

5. How to use INS OUTS in pentium CPU??

6. Q:OUTS* instruction, which registers are used?

7. How to use INS OUTS (INSB INSW...)

8. Q: OUTS* instruction, which registers are used?

9. Q: OUTS* instruction, which registers are used?

10. Sockets and time-outs

11. Avoiding long time-outs when reusing sockets in SocketServer

12. BugBear Virus: IP Cleariong House