Fri, 8 Nov 2002 18 E-mail subject
Author Message
 Fri, 8 Nov 2002 18 E-mail subject

scan for klez32

Quote:
> I have gotten two e-mails recently from people unknown to
> me with subjects like this: Fri, 8 Nov 2002 18... There
> appears to be an attachment, but I tried to open the
> first one and it said there wasn't an attachment.  I e-
> mailed the person it came from and she didn't know what
> she had e-mailed me (or who I was).  What is going on
> here... is this a new virus?  Does anybody know anything
> about this/seen it?
> Thanks,
> Cindy

Fri, 13 May 2005 04:27:52 GMT
 Fri, 8 Nov 2002 18 E-mail subject
Cindy,

Someone else has mentioned klez. ONe thing with Klez is that it
sends e-mail making it seem like the email was from someone
else - ie the person you think sent it probably didn't. Which
she know nothing about it.

If you are regularly recieving unknown files from people, you
should have an up to date virus scanner - you may aleady -
attachments should be saved to disk and scanned rather
than just opening from you e-mail client. You may already do
this. Also, you should preview the message in the preview pane
as there are ways for programs to run from there and cause
problems.

If you need a virus scanner you can find a free-for-personal-use
one at www.grisoft.com . It has facilities for linking in with some
popular e-mail clients which adds a little extra security.

There are also online virus scanners that can check your
computer without installing a full blown application. I don't
remember where, so hopefully someone else will chip in
with a suitable URL.

Kind regards,

Mike

Quote:
> I have gotten two e-mails recently from people unknown to
> me with subjects like this: Fri, 8 Nov 2002 18... There
> appears to be an attachment, but I tried to open the
> first one and it said there wasn't an attachment.  I e-
> mailed the person it came from and she didn't know what
> she had e-mailed me (or who I was).  What is going on
> here... is this a new virus?  Does anybody know anything
> about this/seen it?
> Thanks,
> Cindy

Tue, 17 May 2005 02:55:26 GMT

1. INFO-ADA Digest - 18 Nov 1993 to 19 Nov 1993

2. Call for Participation: CADE-18 / TABLEAUX 2002

3. Public Tcl and Expect training, July 15-18, 2002, Santa Clara, CA

4. Seattle Nov 18 st user group meeting - design patterns

5. Bertrand Meyer ,Sydney Presentation: Fri, 28 Nov, 4-6pm

6. Smalltalk Industry Council Nov 2002

7. Subject: Your ACTION Plan For 2002.

8. Sending e-mail with Microsoft outlook 2002

9. Does NAV 2002 really scan mail BEFORE sending?