Virus Behavior?
Author Message
 Virus Behavior?

I use Clean Disk 2002 to scan for garbage files. Last week
a file named C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\~DFBDF7.TMP showed up in the
scan. I selected "Remove All" and it showed it as deleted.
However, this file renames itself by changing the last 4
digits randomly. DFxxxx.TMP and keeps showing up in the
scan.I ran a fully updated virus scan and it came up with
nothing. I've typed this add. and parts of it in many
searches and it turns up nothing. Any ideas?
K.

Sun, 03 Jul 2005 12:06:19 GMT
 Virus Behavior?

c:\windows\temp  is a catch all for all temp files that are created during computer
usage --- this is normal and expected.   Just clean out the entire directory on a
regular basis and you will keep your HD uncluttered

: I use Clean Disk 2002 to scan for garbage files. Last week
: a file named C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\~DFBDF7.TMP showed up in the
: scan. I selected "Remove All" and it showed it as deleted.
: However, this file renames itself by changing the last 4
: digits randomly. DFxxxx.TMP and keeps showing up in the
: scan.I ran a fully updated virus scan and it came up with
: nothing. I've typed this add. and parts of it in many
: searches and it turns up nothing. Any ideas?
: K.

Sun, 03 Jul 2005 21:11:21 GMT
 Virus Behavior?
Humor me: lets say it isn't as simple as that.As in there
are no programs running in the background,it shows up in
safe mode,I haven't installed anything, I run maintenance
regularly, I'm not a novice.When I first saw the behavior
of the Klez worm, I had many an I.T. tell me it was just
some program I left running in the background.I'd like to
at least quaratine this folder, but don't know how.-----
>c:\windows\temp  is a catch all for all temp files that

are created during computer
Quote:
>usage --- this is normal and expected.   Just clean out

the entire directory on a
Quote:
>regular basis and you will keep your HD uncluttered

>: I use Clean Disk 2002 to scan for garbage files. Last
week
>: a file named C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\~DFBDF7.TMP showed up in
the
>: scan. I selected "Remove All" and it showed it as
deleted.
>: However, this file renames itself by changing the last 4
>: digits randomly. DFxxxx.TMP and keeps showing up in the
>: scan.I ran a fully updated virus scan and it came up
with
>: nothing. I've typed this add. and parts of it in many
>: searches and it turns up nothing. Any ideas?
>: K.

>.

Wed, 06 Jul 2005 11:24:44 GMT
 Virus Behavior?
If you want to keep it all of there, it is not that simple..
Do a google for "hidden files index.dat"
Get ready to learn....
(about the ardvark of M$ and many others now)

don

=============

c:\windows\temp  is a catch all for all temp files that are created during
computer
usage --- this is normal and expected.   Just clean out the entire directory on a
regular basis and you will keep your HD uncluttered

: I use Clean Disk 2002 to scan for garbage files. Last week
: a file named C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\~DFBDF7.TMP showed up in the
: scan. I selected "Remove All" and it showed it as deleted.
: However, this file renames itself by changing the last 4
: digits randomly. DFxxxx.TMP and keeps showing up in the
: scan.I ran a fully updated virus scan and it came up with
: nothing. I've typed this add. and parts of it in many
: searches and it turns up nothing. Any ideas?
: K.

Thu, 07 Jul 2005 06:35:08 GMT

1. VIRUS VIRUS VIRUS

3. bugabear virus and sweetadeline1 w32KlezEremovaltools virus

4. Virus/Test Virus wanted!

5. Help me get rid of this virus post has a virus in the post

6. Are Virus Protection Firms the Virus Coders !!

7. Virus Boot - Boot virus - help

8. Wounding a Virus......more "Fight a Virus with a Virus"

9. Odd behavior - 90% certain it's virus-related (virtualroot?)

10. Where can i find a Harddisc behavior module and a ATAPI CD-ROM behavior module in verilog?

11. Combo Box Behavior

12. Different behavior of empty vectors in J