i need to know if jdbgmgr.exe is a viruse or not
Author Message
 i need to know if jdbgmgr.exe is a viruse or not

i got a message from a friend telling me she got a viruse
from someone. and it attacted itself to her e-mail address
book, and sent itself to me. then she e-mailed me to tell
me what had happened, and sure as the world i had it to.
i done ever thing she said and i can't get rid of it. but
the funny thing about it is poeple in my e-mail address
book got it to. when i called some of them they did exactly
what i did and they got rid of there's.can someone please
tell what to do, or tell me what jdbgmgr.exe is.

              kay

Mon, 28 Mar 2005 05:34:18 GMT
 i need to know if jdbgmgr.exe is a viruse or not
If  I had a penny for every time this has been asked.....

YES it is a virus.  If you have deleted this file I suggest you search
through the  newsgroup (that's what they are there for) to find a solution.
Good luck

Quote:
> i got a message from a friend telling me she got a viruse
> from someone. and it attacted itself to her e-mail address
> book, and sent itself to me. then she e-mailed me to tell
> me what had happened, and sure as the world i had it to.
> i done ever thing she said and i can't get rid of it. but
> the funny thing about it is poeple in my e-mail address
> book got it to. when i called some of them they did exactly
> what i did and they got rid of there's.can someone please
> tell what to do, or tell me what jdbgmgr.exe is.

>               kay

Mon, 28 Mar 2005 06:31:08 GMT
 i need to know if jdbgmgr.exe is a viruse or not
ooops slight error in my last message, sorry!  I meant to say YES it is a
HOAX

Quote:
> If  I had a penny for every time this has been asked.....

> YES it is a virus.  If you have deleted this file I suggest you search
> through the  newsgroup (that's what they are there for) to find a
solution.
> Good luck

> > i got a message from a friend telling me she got a viruse
> > from someone. and it attacted itself to her e-mail address
> > book, and sent itself to me. then she e-mailed me to tell
> > me what had happened, and sure as the world i had it to.
> > i done ever thing she said and i can't get rid of it. but
> > the funny thing about it is poeple in my e-mail address
> > book got it to. when i called some of them they did exactly
> > what i did and they got rid of there's.can someone please
> > tell what to do, or tell me what jdbgmgr.exe is.

> >               kay

Mon, 28 Mar 2005 06:37:35 GMT
 i need to know if jdbgmgr.exe is a viruse or not

Quote:
> If  I had a penny for every time this has been asked.....

    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Hey !?!  That's my line.

TALON

Quote:
> YES it is a virus.  If you have deleted this file I suggest you search
> through the  newsgroup (that's what they are there for) to find a
solution.
> Good luck

> > i got a message from a friend telling me she got a viruse
> > from someone. and it attacted itself to her e-mail address
> > book, and sent itself to me. then she e-mailed me to tell
> > me what had happened, and sure as the world i had it to.
> > i done ever thing she said and i can't get rid of it. but
> > the funny thing about it is poeple in my e-mail address
> > book got it to. when i called some of them they did exactly
> > what i did and they got rid of there's.can someone please
> > tell what to do, or tell me what jdbgmgr.exe is.

> >               kay

Mon, 28 Mar 2005 07:36:37 GMT
 i need to know if jdbgmgr.exe is a viruse or not
Never delete files just because an e-mail says so.  First thing is to obtain
a proper virus checker and download the latest definitions for it, then scan
the suspicious file.  Also, it won't hurt to go to a website like
http://www.sarc.com and check their encyclopaedia for this.

In this case, you shouldn't delete the file.  The e-mail is a well-known
hoax.  However, it is possible that this file could be infected by another
virus.  Hence, the check above.

To replace the file, follow the instructions below.

From John Clifford Hole [MVP] of Enfield Middlesex

How to replace jdbgmgr.exe.

For all versions of Windows.

1. Go to  http://www.microsoft.com/java/download.htm

2.  Choose VM and Debug Classes for x86

3. Select the Microsoft VM build 3805 for Windows 95/98, Windows Me, Windows
NT 4.0 and Windows XP 5.5 MB.

4. Note:  if running Windows 2000 select the Microsoft VM  build 3805 for
Microsoft Windows 2000 (Hotfix

5. Download and save the file to c:\temp directory

6. Run the msjavx86.exe file

7. Reboot

OR

For Windows 95

JDBGMGR  EXE   47,616  08-24-96 11:11a  is in the Win95_09.cab File so
locate this file and copy it to C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM.

For Windows 98 and Windows ME

From http://vil.mcafee.com/dispVirus.asp?virus_k=99436 .

In the event that JDBGMGR.EXE was deleted erroneously, the following method
may be used to restore the file from backup:

-- Windows 98 Instructions --

1) Click START - RUN, type SFC and hit ENTER
2) In the "Specify the system file you would like to restore" field, type
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\JDBGMGR.EXE and hit ENTER
3) In the RESTORE FROM field, type in the path to your WINDOWS CAB files
(ie. C:\WINDOWS\OPTIONS\CABS)
(ie. D:\WIN98 where D is the drive letter assigned to your CD-ROM)
4) Click OK and continue with the restore function

-- End Windows 98 Instructions --

-- Windows ME Instructions --

1) Click START - RUN, type MSCONFIG and hit ENTER
2) Click the Extract Files button
3) In the "Specify the system file you would like to restore" field, type
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\JDBGMGR.EXE and hit ENTER
4) In the RESTORE FROM field, type in the path to your WINDOWS CAB files
(ie. C:\WINDOWS\OPTIONS\INSTALL)
5) Click OK and continue with the restore function

Quote:
> i got a message from a friend telling me she got a viruse
> from someone. and it attacted itself to her e-mail address
> book, and sent itself to me. then she e-mailed me to tell
> me what had happened, and sure as the world i had it to.
> i done ever thing she said and i can't get rid of it. but
> the funny thing about it is poeple in my e-mail address
> book got it to. when i called some of them they did exactly
> what i did and they got rid of there's.can someone please
> tell what to do, or tell me what jdbgmgr.exe is.

>               kay

Mon, 28 Mar 2005 18:21:23 GMT

1. jdbgmgr.exe is NOT A VIRUS it is a HOAX

2. JDBGMGR.EXE-339B289F.pf also not a hoax?

3. I am not deaf, but am I mute?

4. jdbgmgr.exe

5. jdbgmgr.exe

6. jdbgmgr.exe

7. jdbgmgr.exe virus

8. virus jdbgmgr.exe

9. jdbgmgr.exe (is this a virus!! please advise)

10. jdbgmgr.exe

11. jdbgmgr.exe

12. JDBGMGR.EXE