Virus disabled System Restore
Author Message
 Virus disabled System Restore

I'm pretty sure I got the Bugbear or Klez virus, it wiped
out my Outlook Express and wiped out all my System
Restore Points. Now whenever I try to create a new
Restore Point, it confirms I've created one, but when I
previous time") the window freezes up and I have to close
it by clicking the X.

Is my System Restore functionality gone permanently (or
until I reinstall the whole thing at least)? Is there any
fix for this? I've scanned my computer with the latest
McAfee update, and the Stinger standalone fix, and it
found nothing. I just want my System Restore to work.

Please, if any of you have any ideas email me at the
email address above. Thanks in advance very much.

Sat, 26 Mar 2005 13:49:51 GMT

1. Worm virus in restore file

2. Getting rid of Magistr.b @ VBS.LoveLetter virus out of RESTORE directory

3. Virus in Restore Archive

4. CW2.003 - System Restore after Crash

5. restoring a system saved image

6. Do I need TO disable Norton Anti=Virus Wnen I'm going to install updates

7. virus from ms-security website disabled Norton Antivirus

8. VIRUS VIRUS VIRUS

9. Help. remove virus from system restore?

10. please help!!!..w32 yaha.k virus wont give me access to 'system restore..

11. CDD3.09: System Status Interrupt disable

12. Disabling system memory cache thrashing