need help- Backdoor trojon
Author Message
 need help- Backdoor trojon

Hi

I am using a PIII, Win 98, with 128MB RAM, O- XP.

Norton gave a warning that
"Date: 14-Mar-02, Time: 12:01:34, BILL GATES on NEW PC
The file
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\upfbq.exe
is infected with the Backdoor.Trojan virus.
Access to the file was denied."

I have deleted the said file from the system folder thru dos mode (actually
the upfbq.exe & upfbq.vir files)
Also using the system infor facility deactivated the file from the startup
folder also.

HOwever found the entry in the registry

hk-key----------run-

Just wanted to know whether I have deleted the same from the system or is it
still hidden somewhere else.

Regards

Sam

Mon, 30 Aug 2004 15:04:18 GMT
 need help- Backdoor trojon
You can delete that registry key.  The ones with "-" after them are keys which have been disabled but not yet deleted.

: Hi
:
: I am using a PIII, Win 98, with 128MB RAM, O- XP.
:
: Norton gave a warning that
: "Date: 14-Mar-02, Time: 12:01:34, BILL GATES on NEW PC
[...]

Mon, 30 Aug 2004 23:48:46 GMT
 need help- Backdoor trojon
thanks alex

"Alex K. Angelopoulos" <alex_angelopoulos_at_hotmail_dot_com_remove__> wrote

You can delete that registry key.  The ones with "-" after them are keys
which have been disabled but not yet deleted.

: Hi
:
: I am using a PIII, Win 98, with 128MB RAM, O- XP.
:
: Norton gave a warning that
: "Date: 14-Mar-02, Time: 12:01:34, BILL GATES on NEW PC
[...]

Tue, 31 Aug 2004 18:34:17 GMT

1. backdoor trojon

3. Backdoors!

4. SoftIce backdoors

5. softice backdoors

6. This is a backdoor virus!

7. virus called backdoor.sdbot

8. backdoor.trojan - popups that aren't pop-ups

9. How to remove Backdoor.OptixPro.12

10. Backdoor OptixPro 12

11. virus removal: Backdoor.Sdbot (Trojan)