hoax email
Author Message
 hoax email

received a hoax email which said there was a virus sent
with a message which would activate in 14 days, was asked
to locate file jdbgmgr.exe, and delete. we now understand
that this file should not have been deleted. what action
should we take please?

Sat, 02 Jul 2005 18:46:16 GMT
 hoax email
G'day group.

Somebody please explain me the following pattern that I find in all postings
concerning jdbgmgr.exe.

1]  All posters with questions regarding jdbgmgr.exe only seem to have a
christian name, just that.
2]  They all seem to be capable enough to express their problem, yet they can't
seem to google up the answer on the jdbgmgr.exe problem, nor do they seem to be
able to read back older posts with the relevant answers in the newsgroups.
3]  From the headers I see they all use X-Newsreader: Microsoft CDO for Windows
2000
4]  From the headers I see their IP's are all in the same range;

I haven't answered jdbgmgr.exe postings in these last weeks because of this, and
will not do so until someone can reassure me we're not being Trolled here
*BigTime*.

Greetingzzzzzzzzz,  Bob A. Schelfhout Aubertijn

Please reply to the newsgroup only so that others can learn from this issue.
This message is provided "as is", with absolutely no warranties.

Sat, 02 Jul 2005 20:38:18 GMT
 hoax email

Quote:
> received a hoax email which said there was a virus sent
> with a message which would activate in 14 days, was asked
> to locate file jdbgmgr.exe, and delete. we now understand
> that this file should not have been deleted. what action
> should we take please?

Take no action.

It's a hoax.  But you probably won't miss that file.

PLEASE DON'T BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU READ.

And really consider using www.google.com when you have a question about
really anything, not just computers.

Sat, 02 Jul 2005 21:53:59 GMT

1. jdbgmgr.exe hoax email

2. EMAIL VIRUS HOAXES

3. email telling persons to delete jdbgmgr.exe (teddy bear hoax)

4. Launching the default email client with a specified email address

5. Email Expert Advice Needed- Problems decoding email from Korea

6. Topica Email List Directory A very active email list for Win32Forth

7. Lost email formatting Email !

8. 7/8 bit email (Was: Re: OT: Uitgelijnde email verzenden)

9. email.Message question. including email attachments

10. A TERRIBLE HOAX????

11. Hoax AOL Virus

12. Virus hoaxes