virus protection and windows xp
Author Message
 virus protection and windows xp

there is no built-in antivirus in XP.
You can perform some steps (with proper security rights)
to minimize the risk of being in infected
But I would recommend you to install one
(of one of the major antivirus vendors -
my personal preference is Kaspersky Antivirus -
www.kasperskylabs.com)

Quote:
> I have xp pro on my computer and was wondering if I
> should have an anti-virus protection on my computer.  I
> have an older version of norton 2000 but could not
> install it because of the newer version of windows.

> Also, someone told me that windows xp has its own anti-
> virus and doesn't need one.

> If it is recommended that I have one installed, which is
> the best one?

Thu, 19 May 2005 22:35:23 GMT
 virus protection and windows xp
Most AV software are pretty good, much of the current stock
is a matter of personal preference, I use Mcafee along
with smart methods of e-mail usage and browsering.
and knock on wood, I haven't gotten a virus in years!
Have had lots of attempts.
Quote:

Fri, 20 May 2005 07:02:38 GMT
 virus protection and windows xp
Colleen,

you should have anti-virus protection on your computer
and no XP doesn't have its own.

As the AV software you have is an older version, you
need to get a new one; the good news is that this doesn't
have to cost money as there are several available for
free (for personal use).  The one I use is AVG from
www.grisoft.com. Despite its price, this is a very
capable tool.

Regards,

Mike

Quote:
> I have xp pro on my computer and was wondering if I
> should have an anti-virus protection on my computer.  I
> have an older version of norton 2000 but could not
> install it because of the newer version of windows.

> Also, someone told me that windows xp has its own anti-
> virus and doesn't need one.

> If it is recommended that I have one installed, which is
> the best one?

Fri, 20 May 2005 17:38:23 GMT

1. Are Virus Protection Firms the Virus Coders !!

2. W32 KLEZ VIRUS REMOVAL FOR WINDOWS XP

3. Windows XP vs. Norton Anti-Virus

4. virus protection??

5. file upload and virus protection

6. enabling virus protection

7. Microsoft acting like my virus protection

8. Virus Protection

9. Norton Virus Protection

10. Win95 virus protection

11. microsoft and virus protection