sulfbnk.exe file
Author Message
 sulfbnk.exe file

About a year ago I learned the hard way how prevalent
hoaxes are.  I deleted a file from my hard-drive (to
remove a virus I supposedly now had)called "sulfbnk.exe".
Since that time I have had minor but frustrating problems,
esp. w/ internet connections.
Can anyone tell me how I might restore this file to my
hard drive?
Thanks!

Mon, 02 May 2005 08:11:20 GMT
 sulfbnk.exe file

Quote:
> About a year ago I learned the hard way how prevalent
> hoaxes are.  I deleted a file from my hard-drive (to
> remove a virus I supposedly now had)called "sulfbnk.exe".
> Since that time I have had minor but frustrating problems,
> esp. w/ internet connections.
> Can anyone tell me how I might restore this file to my
> hard drive?
> Thanks!

Ok, first of all, this particular file is rarely used, and certainly not by
your internet connection, so i doubt very much if it's at the root of your
minor but frustrating problems. Having said that.. enjoy!

Windows 98
 Open Windows Explorer
2. Go to the View menu, and then click Options or Folder options
3. Click the View tab, and then make sure Hide file extensions for known
file types is unchecked
4. Click Show all files, then OK
5. Restart the computer
6. During restart, hold down the Ctrl key until the Windows 98 startup menu
appears
7. Select Safe Mode from the startup menu, and then press Enter
You will need your original Windows 98 CD in order to use the System File
Checker to restore files
8. Put the CD into your CD-ROM drive and quit the installation of Windows if
it starts automatically
9. Click Start, Find, and then click on Files or Folders
10. Type win98_40.cab (if using SE and can't find it try precopy1.cab)
11. In the Look in box select the CD ROM Drive (usually Drive D or E).
12. Select Include subfolders
13. Click Find Now. Make a note of where this file is located
14. Go to Start, Run.
15. Type SFC and then press OK.The System File Checker will open
16. Check Extract one file from Installation disk click Browse and select
the file to replace (in this case sulfbnk.exe), and then click Start. This
will launch the Extract File dialog box.
17. In Restore From fill in the location of the cab file you noted earlier.
Type in c:\windows\system for the Save file in box and click OK.
18. You will then be asked to create a backup of the file you are
extracting. Click OK
19. There will be a message saying the extraction was successful
20. Click OK to completed the process and restart your computer

Windows ME
1. Open Windows Explorer
2. Go to the View menu, and then click Options or Folder options
3. Click the View tab, and then make sure Hide file extensions for known
file types is unchecked
4. Click Show all files, then OK
5. Right click on My Computer, and then click Properties
6. Click the Performance tab, and then click File System
7. Click on Troubleshooting and check Disable System Restore
8. Click OK and restart
9. During the restart press and hold Ctrl until the startup menu appears
10. Select Safe Mode and press Enter
11. When started up go to Start, Run
12. Type msconfig and click OK
13. Click on Extract File
14. Type in sulfbnk.exe and click Start
15. In the restore box type c:\windows\options\install
16. In the save in box type c:\windows\system and click OK
17. It will ask you to save a backup if the file, click OK
18. It will then say extraction was successful
19. Click OK to finish and restart your computer if needed
20. Right click on My Computer and click Properties
21. Click the Performance tab, and then click File System
22. Click on Troubleshooting and uncheck Disable System Restore
23. Restart

Rob Moir,
Microsoft MVP

Mon, 02 May 2005 21:58:46 GMT

1. what virus cpontains the exe file CFGWIZ32.exe

2. How can I know the .EXE file name, file date, file size

3. File Version in exe file

4. Compiling EXE file with embedded File Version

5. Get File path from running exe file

6. UN COMPILER CLIPPER ALL VERSION (from EXE Files translate to PRG Files)

7. Header file on .exe file?

8. newbie question: Why is an .exe file much larger than a .com file:

9. How to combine bin file into .exe file ?

10. hox can i make a exe-file from a asm-file

11. Header file on .exe file?

12. How to convert the .exe file to .com file