Virus protection software
Author Message
 Virus protection software

Hello ,
    I am looking for a version of virus protection software that I can call
within my programs (VB , C) that will scan a binary array or string for
viruses.  I have a need to put virus protection inside a communication
program I am writing.  I don't want to place the information on disk as this
would slow the process down to much.

If anyone can help, that would be great.

Regards
Greg Obleshchuk

Sat, 22 Nov 2003 07:35:32 GMT
 Virus protection software

Quote:
> Hello ,
>     I am looking for a version of virus protection software that I can
call
> within my programs (VB , C) that will scan a binary array or string for
> viruses.  I have a need to put virus protection inside a communication
> program I am writing.  I don't want to place the information on disk as
this
> would slow the process down to much.

If you contact some of the virus scanner manufacturers, some of them make a
programming interface to their products available to allow you to "plug in"
virus scanning to an application. I think sophos do this, NAI probably do..
in fact most companies I suspect will have something if you ask the right
people...

Sun, 23 Nov 2003 02:47:00 GMT
 Virus protection software
How are you planning on keeping the virus detection information up to date
as new viruses appear??

Wayne

Quote:
> Hello ,
>     I am looking for a version of virus protection software that I can
call
> within my programs (VB , C) that will scan a binary array or string for
> viruses.  I have a need to put virus protection inside a communication
> program I am writing.  I don't want to place the information on disk as
this
> would slow the process down to much.

> If anyone can help, that would be great.

> Regards
> Greg Obleshchuk

Mon, 23 Feb 2004 19:46:29 GMT

1. Are Virus Protection Firms the Virus Coders !!

2. virus protection??

3. file upload and virus protection

4. enabling virus protection

5. Microsoft acting like my virus protection

6. Virus Protection

7. Norton Virus Protection

8. Win95 virus protection

9. virus protection and windows xp

10. microsoft and virus protection

11. e-mail and virus protection

12. i need some free virus & spyware protection