DOES ANYBODY KNOW
Author Message
 DOES ANYBODY KNOW

Hi:

I opened a file named TABREG.exe and now have been informed by the sender
that it contains a virus.  It has been emailing everybody in my address
book.  Does anybody know anything about this?  Is it the same as the
SUFLNBK.exe that McAFEE warns everybody to delete before June 1, 2001?

Please help,
Dean

Tue, 18 Nov 2003 05:19:06 GMT
 DOES ANYBODY KNOW
1.  Don't delete SUFLNBK.exe on your computer, that email is a hoax.
    See www.news.com
    If you do delete it, have someone reinstall it.  See previous threads
    for this.
2.  Don't open any attachments named SUFLNBK.exe, it's probably
someone trying to take advantage of the SUFLNBK.exe hoax.
3.  Download a virus scanner and innoculate your computer.

Steve

Quote:
> Hi:

> I opened a file named TABREG.exe and now have been informed by the sender
> that it contains a virus.  It has been emailing everybody in my address
> book.  Does anybody know anything about this?  Is it the same as the
> SUFLNBK.exe that McAFEE warns everybody to delete before June 1, 2001?

> Please help,
> Dean

Tue, 18 Nov 2003 23:31:56 GMT
 DOES ANYBODY KNOW

Hi,

Actually there is no proper record about TABREG.EXE for the moment. Bu t it
looks it is NOT a Hoax such as SUFLNBK.EXE

I wonder if you can send that file to me as a sample ?

Quote:
> Hi:

> I opened a file named TABREG.exe and now have been informed by the sender
> that it contains a virus.  It has been emailing everybody in my address
> book.  Does anybody know anything about this?  Is it the same as the
> SUFLNBK.exe that McAFEE warns everybody to delete before June 1, 2001?

> Please help,
> Dean

Fri, 21 Nov 2003 21:18:42 GMT

1. SQL-DMO: anybody has done this?

2. siod, anybody done a Sybase interface for it?

3. Anybody doing anything about serious physics in VRML?

4. Anybody doing CLOS with guile (or scheme)?

5. VHDL COURSE (ANYBODY DONE THIS COURSE?)

6. Anybody done overlapped serial IO in CVF?

7. Anybody doing irc-stuff with Python / status of irc-modules for Python

8. shar in TCL: TCLAR? Has anybody done it

9. Anybody done this before?

10. Anybody know of good compression / zip library

11. PL/PC - Anybody know about the current status

12. Does anybody know 'Enfin'?