Nimda & Fun Love both try to hit me
Author Message
 Nimda & Fun Love both try to hit me

Here's a weird thing I keep experiencing.  W32.Nimda.emc and
W32.FunLove.4099 keep trying to hit my machine at the same time.  I have a
windows 98 machine and I use Norton Antivirus Corporate Edition (version
7.01) It does update each week with live update.

So here's the thing...   When nimda was new out there yeah, my company got
hit just like almost everyone else.  Every machine here was infected and
yeah I was the lucky one to fix them all.  No other machine in our company
(small company of 10 machines) has had any other problems at all with nimda
except mine (of course).  It's not even so many days between, sometimes it
can be 5 days sometimes a month and sometimes 14 days.  Never a pattern.
Nimda tries to run on my machine and Norton does catch it, my problem is it
tries to infect every file on my machine slowing down my machine something
terrible!!  Nimda is caught attacking every file and .eml deleted but in the
mean time it keeps trying to attack my machine.  Now as an added bonus,
FunLove tries to toss it's ugly head in there also every 5-10 files or so.
Again, Norton catches it and deletes what it does.

I've tried numerous "fix nimda" files and I still get attacked.  Is there
anything I can do to stop this thing from attacking me short of reformatting
the whole darn machine?  It adds a user to the network and while its trying
to run, I try to delete the user but next file the user name is back.  Aside
from shutting my system down the virus will keep running until all files
have been hit and fixed.  Our network is just a shared machine(s) network.
We don't have an actual server however my machine is the main machine where
most files are shared from.  I have every machine passworded including mine
so when files are opened across the network, they need to know the password.

Anyone have any suggestions as to what I can try? I've replaced the
riched20.dll numerous times from a recently reformatted machine.

Thanks in Advance!!
Kathy
(hope I've given any/all needed relevant info)

Wed, 04 May 2005 00:26:38 GMT
 Nimda & Fun Love both try to hit me

Quote:

cases you have to disconnect the pc from the network
before trying to remove the nimda virus, also in some
cases not all infected files have been deleted, some have
double extentions like .emc.bad these have to be removed
manually, also in some cases you have to reinstall word or
office if your using those, and any removal tool must be
run on all networked pc's check out all the info at
symantec.......http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcente

this virus causes so many problems on one pc, on a network
its 10 times worse, isolate your pc is the first thing you
should do.

Wed, 04 May 2005 01:09:42 GMT

1. Been hit by W32.Nimda.A@mm

2. count bits, fun fun fun.

3. Win32 Nimda.A@mm (dr) and Win32 Nimda.E@mm (dr)

4. W32.Nimda.A@mm and W32.Nimda.enc

5. ! TROUBLE WITH LOVE? TRY A PSYCHIC FREE

6. try out tkForms for fun (no profit)

7. try gfdg try kuiou try gsdfas try

8. Nimda & WinXP beta 2 question

9. MF Visual Object COBOL - Love it, hate it, love it

10. Page Hit Counter Vandalism & Writing FTP Results

11. With I love CAVO & CLIPPER ( Spanish message )

12. Love to hear RAPI experiences, apps & stories