pop up madness
Author Message
 pop up madness

I am being absolutely bombarded with popups.  Immediately
after opening Internet Explorer(homepage Yahoo!), I get a
pop-up which ironically is selling "anti-pop up
software".  When I attempt to close the window, it re-
routes continuously and opens between 12-14 new windows
many of which will not close.  What is this?  Virus?
Worm? Trojan horse?  It happens everytime and renders my
computer almost unusable.  I have Windows XP, no new or
strange downloads, cleared my cookies and temp files, i
run ad-aware etc. etc.  Any ideas?(broadband with cox
communications)

Mon, 28 Mar 2005 14:24:12 GMT
 pop up madness
James,

I would try checking your homepage. Try changing your homepage to
about:blank and see if this problem still ocurs.

Matthew Braverman, Microsoft

Please do not send email directly to this alias.  This is my online account
name for newsgroup participation only.

> I am being absolutely bombarded with popups.  Immediately
> after opening Internet Explorer(homepage Yahoo!), I get a
> pop-up which ironically is selling "anti-pop up
> software".  When I attempt to close the window, it re-
> routes continuously and opens between 12-14 new windows
> many of which will not close.  What is this?  Virus?
> Worm? Trojan horse?  It happens everytime and renders my
> computer almost unusable.  I have Windows XP, no new or
> strange downloads, cleared my cookies and temp files, i
> run ad-aware etc. etc.  Any ideas?(broadband with cox
> communications)

Tue, 29 Mar 2005 05:22:37 GMT
 pop up madness

Quote:

     Try downloading "ad aware" from a "techtv" program of
several months ago. It's quite effective for me.

                         Sy

Sat, 16 Apr 2005 04:38:01 GMT

1. Mouse over pop-ups with VisualWorks

2. Pop-ups in VW 2

3. Error or notification pop-ups in Tk

4. Pop-ups on Canvas items

5. Examples for Pop-Ups, Keyboard Accelerators?

6. annoying pop ups

7. backdoor.trojan - popups that aren't pop-ups

8. pop ups

9. Pop-Ups

10. pop ups sent via open port

11. no help on pop-ups yet