W32.Nimda.enc
Author Message
 W32.Nimda.enc

How can i remove it?

Mon, 18 Jul 2005 20:13:44 GMT
 W32.Nimda.enc
Every 10 minutes the popup windows of norton tells me that one file is
infected, this file is in temp directory, i go to dos and i delete it, but
in the following 10 minutes the process repeat...

Quote:
> How can i remove it?

Mon, 18 Jul 2005 20:29:33 GMT
 W32.Nimda.enc
go to www.sarc.com and look up this virus in the virus encyclopedia.

There is a Microsoft patch necessary.  Make sure you have all the necessary
Microsoft security patches installed.  www.windowsupdate.com can help.

This could be a false alarm.  Looking at the file name and seeing if that
file type is mentioned in the www.sarc.com virus database as being used by
the virus can confirm or deny whether this is really nimda.  If this is a
false alarm [e.g. if this file name or file type is not used by this virus],
then contact the support numbers at www.sarc.com

Nimda is also blocked by using URLScan from
www.microsoft.com/technet/security

Other things you should do:

http://securityadmin.info/faq.htm#harden

Quote:
> Every 10 minutes the popup windows of norton tells me that one file is
> infected, this file is in temp directory, i go to dos and i delete it, but
> in the following 10 minutes the process repeat...

el

> > How can i remove it?

---

Mon, 18 Jul 2005 21:08:47 GMT

1. W32.Nimda.A@mm and W32.Nimda.enc

2. W32.Nimda.enc

3. W32.Nimda.enc its killing me!

4. Recurring W32.Nimda.enc

5. Norton Virus Alert...(W32.Nimda.enc)

6. W32.nimda.enc... Why can't I get rid of this one?

7. W32.Nimda.E@mm

8. w32.nimda.a@mm problems

9. Been hit by W32.Nimda.A@mm

10. W32.Opaserv.Worm & Nimda.enc Nida.E@mm