127.0.0.1
Author Message
 127.0.0.1

Can anyone tell me why everytime I first start any program
that accesses the internet it connects to 127.0.0.1 first?
Zone alarm picked this up if I refuse to connect the
program fails to access the internet. Happens with iexploe
netscape and other programs.
daz

Sun, 29 Aug 2004 09:31:56 GMT
 127.0.0.1
This is loopback address to your own network adapter! IF you ping this
address and get no response your NIC is not working. Allow this in Zone
Alarm.

--

Regards, Markus
Markus Hovikoski, System Administrator, MCSE

> Can anyone tell me why everytime I first start any program
> that accesses the internet it connects to 127.0.0.1 first?
> Zone alarm picked this up if I refuse to connect the
> program fails to access the internet. Happens with iexploe
> netscape and other programs.
> daz

Wed, 01 Sep 2004 21:17:36 GMT

1. RIP char >127? help

2. Info Dylan Digest Digest V1 #127

3. Scheme Digest V8 #127

4. Microfocus Cobol Terminfo error 127

5. PHP + MySQL: Got error 127 from table handler

6. Macintosh localhost (127.0.0.1) connection problem

7. Debugger: PythonWin 127

8. ANNOUNCE: win32all-127 released

9. TIP #127: Add an -index Option to [lsearch]

10. IOSTAT=127

11. Umlaute (ascii > 127?) within external files

12. Pink P.U.S.S.Y!! Join our F~R~E~E pre-teen site of pu55y!! 241.220.127.40