GIGS GONE
Author Message
 GIGS GONE

I have just had 14 gig of memory vanish something has
taken the space and i dont know what and i cant find
it.This happened before and it just seemed to repair its
self but this cant go on can some one tell me what the
hells going on thanks.

Sat, 11 Jun 2005 03:37:33 GMT
 GIGS GONE
Do you mean memory or Hard Drive Space?  Do you have an AV?  Have you updated the Def's
and run a full scan?

: I have just had 14 gig of memory vanish something has
: taken the space and i dont know what and i cant find
: it.This happened before and it just seemed to repair its
: self but this cant go on can some one tell me what the
: hells going on thanks.

Sat, 11 Jun 2005 04:30:12 GMT
 GIGS GONE
If you mean your hard drive has filled up, I bet a hacker put an FTP folder
and software such as Serv-U on your computer.  On Windows 2000 / XP this is
often the case if you left IIS FTP services running with the anonymous user
having both read and write permission to any one folder, or if you left IIS
WWW services running and haven't properly secured your machine.  And why
aren't you running a firewall or antivirus?  www.grisoft.com and
www.sygate.com are free, so there's no excuse.

You should always always mention what version of Windows you're running
whenever asking for tech support, because the instructions are different for
each version.

Try using the instructions below, starting with Vision from
www.foundstone.com/knowledge

http://securityadmin.info/faq.htm#hacked
http://securityadmin.info/faq.htm#ftpfolder
http://securityadmin.info/faq.htm#re-secure
http://securityadmin.info/faq.htm#harden

Quote:
> I have just had 14 gig of memory vanish something has
> taken the space and i dont know what and i cant find
> it.This happened before and it just seemed to repair its
> self but this cant go on can some one tell me what the
> hells going on thanks.

Sat, 11 Jun 2005 22:55:22 GMT

1. NYC: Senior VisualWorks Developer needed - 1 year gig

2. VAST 4.5a Emserv on NT4.0SvPk3 2 gig Manager.dat

3. 1 Gig by AMD WOW!

4. .tps can it handle 1+ gig data files?

5. 4 month Verilog consulting gig, Vancouver WA

6. 18,000,000,000 Gigs per Pentium, or a measly 4?

7. Overcoming the 2 Gig file size limit

8. HOSTMONSTER affordable hosting 1,500 GIGS Space only 6.95/month

9. Top Consulting Gigs in BELGIUM

10. Windows Installer - a go/no-go (in)decision

11. Going (Gone) Nuts !!!

12. LOGO-L> go turtle go