word running in DOS mode
Author Message
 word running in DOS mode

What Virus and what did you do to get rid of it?

: had virus in system, got rid of virus but can not restore
: my short cut to word, comes out like this. also seems to
: have effected my email program for stationary use, same
: format?
: Advise please
: Now can not open drive A?

Sat, 28 May 2005 21:27:35 GMT
 word running in DOS mode
If this is what you see when you click on File, New to create a new Word
document, then try finding and renaming the NORMAL.DOT file in Word.  Also
try posting your question to a newsgroup for your version of Word, if that
doesn't fix your problem.

If this is what you see when you try to open up your old Word documents, my
guess is that these documents are trash and are not recoverable.  However,
you really want to identify the exact virus name as reported by your
antivirus program and then search for that virus name in the virus
encyclopedia at the web site of the manufacturer of your antivirus program
to see what it does, and/or post a question in their support group.
www.sarc.com has free support for Norton antivirus.

If you aren't running an antivirus, you need to do that before you do
anything else.  www.grisoft.com is free antivirus.

Quote:
> had virus in system, got rid of virus but can not restore
> my short cut to word, comes out like this. also seems to
> have effected my email program for stationary use, same
> format?
> Advise please
> Now can not open drive A?

Sun, 29 May 2005 05:35:28 GMT

1. Clipper runs in Window 98 DOS mode ?

2. Running in DOS mode

3. running old fortran progrms other than in dos-window mode

4. anyone run tcl in dos only mode?

5. How to draw line circle square rectangles in dos mode or console mode

6. How to draw line circle square rectangles in dos mode or console mode

7. DOS Protected mode, asm and DOS extenders...

8. DBFMDX 1001, DOS error 4 when running under DOS 6.22

9. Popup documentation when hovering over a word in tne Brouse mode in Win32Forth

10. (postpone babble: using postpone in interpret-mode to compile compile-only words)

11. test words immediate-mode in Sparc monitor ?

12. Verilog mode in XEmavs : automatic word completion