Can't update Mcafee Virus Scan
Author Message
 Can't update Mcafee Virus Scan

I have Mcafee Virus Scan Home Edition 7.0 on my
computer.  I have Windows XP.  Every since I have had XP,
I have not been able to update Mcafee.  I keep getting
the message RuLaunch has encountered a problem and needs
to shut down. Or else, I get VSMain has encountered a
problem and has to shut down.  I have chatted with 5
different technicians and no one has been able to help
me.  I have tried everything that they know, plus
everything that I know to try.  I really need to hae
virus protection updates and I was hoping that someone
could help me to figure out what the problem is and how
to fix it.  I know that someone out there has an answer.
Please help me.  Is there something in XP that is
preventing me from updating a virus scan.  Do I need to
change my java scripts.  HELP!

Sat, 02 Jul 2005 11:41:49 GMT
 Can't update Mcafee Virus Scan
Do you have any other AV software that may have come with the box like AVG...
That's a nono
If not use msconfig to narrow it down.
Hate to say it, but try Norton; it seems to like XP better (or visa versa)

don
=========

I have Mcafee Virus Scan Home Edition 7.0 on my
computer.  I have Windows XP.  Every since I have had XP,
I have not been able to update Mcafee.  I keep getting
the message RuLaunch has encountered a problem and needs
to shut down. Or else, I get VSMain has encountered a
problem and has to shut down.  I have chatted with 5
different technicians and no one has been able to help
me.  I have tried everything that they know, plus
everything that I know to try.  I really need to hae
virus protection updates and I was hoping that someone
could help me to figure out what the problem is and how
to fix it.  I know that someone out there has an answer.
Please help me.  Is there something in XP that is
preventing me from updating a virus scan.  Do I need to
change my java scripts.  HELP!

Sat, 02 Jul 2005 12:44:41 GMT
 Can't update Mcafee Virus Scan

I've not heard that Mcafee may not compatible with XP
However it appears so in your case, I would suggest taking
Mcafee back and getting your money back, and trying some
other AV software that may work better with XP.
I've been looking forward to read about Mcafee 7 and how
it works . maybe an older version of Mcafee 6 or so.
do a search on google for AV software, some are free.
I have mcafee but not XP

Quote:

Sat, 02 Jul 2005 12:44:48 GMT
 Can't update Mcafee Virus Scan

I would uninstall McAfee and install AVG ( www.grisoft.com)  It is a free AV that works
with XP and provides a lot more protection than McAfee.
(Keep this in mind -- even with updated McAfee defs you are wide open to receiving
infections)

: I have Mcafee Virus Scan Home Edition 7.0 on my
: computer.  I have Windows XP.  Every since I have had XP,
: I have not been able to update Mcafee.  I keep getting
: the message RuLaunch has encountered a problem and needs
: to shut down. Or else, I get VSMain has encountered a
: problem and has to shut down.  I have chatted with 5
: different technicians and no one has been able to help
: me.  I have tried everything that they know, plus
: everything that I know to try.  I really need to hae
: virus protection updates and I was hoping that someone
: could help me to figure out what the problem is and how
: to fix it.  I know that someone out there has an answer.
: Please help me.  Is there something in XP that is
: preventing me from updating a virus scan.  Do I need to
: change my java scripts.  HELP!

Sat, 02 Jul 2005 21:36:23 GMT
 Can't update Mcafee Virus Scan

Please explain your comment, (with mcafee your wide open to
receiving infections)
I do not agree!
I have Mcafee and the few times I have encountered a virus
it caught it just fine..

Quote:

Sun, 03 Jul 2005 10:14:35 GMT

1. Clipper 87 & Mcafee virus Scan

2. uninstalling of McAfee Virus Scan

3. Mcafee virus scan online and signature error

4. McAfee Virus Scan 6.0

5. McAfee virus scan program

6. Destructive Virus that McAfee can't detect...

7. Destructive virus that McAfee can't catch...

8. Saving MicroSoft Updates for Virus Scan Prior to Installation

10. McAfee NewsSniffer Warning: Virus posted to this newsgroup

11. McAfee virus upgrade

12. used mcafee viruscan online to get rid of virus