new file on harddrive
Author Message
 new file on harddrive

I was running a firewall that suddenly popped up with a
message that a file named ssdpsrv.exe was trying to accwss
the internet. Does anyone know if this is a worm virus? It
won't let you delete as it says windows is using it.
Properties state that it is for Windows NT or Millineum
use. I am running 98 SE on this particular PC.

Thanks for anyone's help

Mon, 02 May 2005 02:28:24 GMT
 new file on harddrive

Quote:

> I was running a firewall that suddenly popped up with a
> message that a file named ssdpsrv.exe was trying to accwss
> the internet. Does anyone know if this is a worm virus? It
> won't let you delete as it says windows is using it.
> Properties state that it is for Windows NT or Millineum
> use. I am running 98 SE on this particular PC.

> Thanks for anyone's help

I believe its a component of Universal Plug and Play (UPnP) which can be
installed on Win 98SE in some circumstances. I believe if you are using
internet connection sharing it can be installed but i'm not 100% sure
because i haven't touched windows 98 in years!

Mon, 02 May 2005 06:32:29 GMT

1. LARGE Harddrives Help!

2. BIOS harddrive read parameters

3. Harddrive parameters?

4. handling 'big' harddrives

5. Accessing the Harddrive in Protected Mode

6. Harddrive serial number

7. Accessing harddrive in Protected Mode

8. Low level harddrive control

9. new htm file in new window on the fly

10. H E L P COPY(file,new file)

11. File Dialog - Open button (Existing/new file)

12. purging file buffers - to make new data be written to file