Good Lord this is a doosy, any advice?
Author Message
 Good Lord this is a doosy, any advice?

hello, this is my first time using this and I'm not sure
I'm doing it right, but here goes.

I am right now on my husband's computer since mine is
having major difficulties today............

we came home this afternoon to a desktop that had been
flipped to a miiror image and then flipped up side down.

the start button is backwards and in the top right corner
to give you an idea.

this flip effects my mouse as well, move left, the curser
moves right etc etc

I have run Norton and no good has come of it, I have heard
of a flip virus that takes effect on the 2nd of any given
month, and as today was the 3rd I'm thinking it is close
enough and maybe that is the problem, but again, not sure.

I am running XP profesional if that helps at all .........

Sun, 22 May 2005 12:50:43 GMT
 Good Lord this is a doosy, any advice?
Go see; http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/flip.html
Flip is a virus that triggers on the second day of every month. Between 16:00
and 16:59 hours, the screen may be flipped horizontally and the characters
reversed. This is only possible on EGA or VGA monitors. Slight modification to
the boot sector of hard drives has been reported (modifications are not
infectious). This strain of Flip does not appear to infect boot sectors on
floppy disks.

Bob A. Schelfhout Aubertijn  MCSE

Please reply to the newsgroup only so that others can learn from this issue.
This message is provided "as is", with absolutely no warranties.

| hello, this is my first time using this and I'm not sure
| I'm doing it right, but here goes.
|
| I am right now on my husband's computer since mine is
| having major difficulties today............
|
| we came home this afternoon to a desktop that had been
| flipped to a miiror image and then flipped up side down.
|
| the start button is backwards and in the top right corner
| to give you an idea.
|
| this flip effects my mouse as well, move left, the curser
| moves right etc etc
|
| I have run Norton and no good has come of it, I have heard
| of a flip virus that takes effect on the 2nd of any given
| month, and as today was the 3rd I'm thinking it is close
| enough and maybe that is the problem, but again, not sure.
|
| I am running XP profesional if that helps at all .........

Sun, 22 May 2005 21:02:50 GMT
 Good Lord this is a doosy, any advice?
Whenever you have a question or problem with a possible virus, the answer is
always to install and use an antivirus scanner that is set to download the
latest updates every day.  Antivirus without updates is useless.  Norton is
good, though you also have the option of trying www.grisoft.com which is
free, for a second opinion.

What do you mean, no good came from running Norton?  Did it have the latest
updates?  What happened?  I hope you are still running antivirus software.

More info:
http://securityadmin.info/faq.htm#virus

Quote:
> hello, this is my first time using this and I'm not sure
> I'm doing it right, but here goes.

> I am right now on my husband's computer since mine is
> having major difficulties today............

> we came home this afternoon to a desktop that had been
> flipped to a miiror image and then flipped up side down.

> the start button is backwards and in the top right corner
> to give you an idea.

> this flip effects my mouse as well, move left, the curser
> moves right etc etc

> I have run Norton and no good has come of it, I have heard
> of a flip virus that takes effect on the 2nd of any given
> month, and as today was the 3rd I'm thinking it is close
> enough and maybe that is the problem, but again, not sure.

> I am running XP profesional if that helps at all .........

Sun, 22 May 2005 22:51:57 GMT
 Good Lord this is a doosy, any advice?
fyi  AVG is not free for everyone everywhere -- it is for us in the US but not everyone
in all countries.

:
: What do you mean, no good came from running Norton?  Did it have the latest
: updates?  What happened?  I hope you are still running antivirus software.
:
: More info:
: http://securityadmin.info/faq.htm#virus
:
:

: > hello, this is my first time using this and I'm not sure
: > I'm doing it right, but here goes.
: >
[...]

Tue, 24 May 2005 23:19:04 GMT
 Good Lord this is a doosy, any advice?
Hi,

Layla, if you check the latest version of AVG, you'll find
out that it's available worldwide now. The restriction has
been removed.

Quote:

in message

>: Whenever you have a question or problem with a possible

virus, the answer is
Quote:
>: always to install and use an antivirus scanner that is
set to download the
>: latest updates every day.  Antivirus without updates is
useless.  Norton is
>: good, though you also have the option of trying

www.grisoft.com which is
Quote:
>: free, for a second opinion.
>:
>: What do you mean, no good came from running Norton?

Did it have the latest
Quote:
>: updates?  What happened?  I hope you are still running
antivirus software.
>:
>: More info:
>: http://securityadmin.info/faq.htm#virus
>:
>:

>: > hello, this is my first time using this and I'm not
sure
>: > I'm doing it right, but here goes.
>: >
>: > I am right now on my husband's computer since mine is
>: > having major difficulties today............
>: >
>: > we came home this afternoon to a desktop that had been
>: > flipped to a miiror image and then flipped up side
down.
>: >
>: > the start button is backwards and in the top right
corner
>: > to give you an idea.
>: >
>: > this flip effects my mouse as well, move left, the
curser
>: > moves right etc etc
>: >
>: > I have run Norton and no good has come of it, I have
heard
>: > of a flip virus that takes effect on the 2nd of any
given
>: > month, and as today was the 3rd I'm thinking it is
close
>: > enough and maybe that is the problem, but again, not
sure.
>: >
>: > I am running XP profesional if that helps at
all .........
>:
>:

>.

Fri, 27 May 2005 21:07:32 GMT
 Good Lord this is a doosy, any advice?
Ah didnt know that -- thanks for pointing it out!

: Hi,
:

: >:
: >:

: >: > hello, this is my first time using this and I'm not
: sure
: >: > I'm doing it right, but here goes.
: >: >
[...]
: >:
: >:
: >
: >.
: >

Fri, 27 May 2005 21:22:23 GMT

1. Good Lord, can it really be that hard!

2. Just a good advice 8739

3. Deriving Objects - Advice and Best Practices

4. Advice for best approach?

5. Need advice: Good design practice for ASI

6. I am just learning verilog any good books or websites

7. good vhdl simulator - needs advice

8. MASM-Good reference book...-=Advice me=-

9. Need advice: Good design practice for ASI

10. Good advice

11. ADVICE: Good SMALLTALK Books

12. I am not deaf, but am I mute?