Received Virus
Author Message
 Received Virus

Hi;

I received a virus from a microsoft.com mail account and
I've tried to look for a means to report this but cannot
find the right place to send the information to.  The
closest thing to "report" or "abuse" I've been able to find
pertains to "hotmail" and it's not a hotmail address.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mon, 04 Jul 2005 02:41:11 GMT
 Received Virus
Thanks for the info.

Quote:
like Klez forge the
>FROM: field on an email, it is extremely easy to do.  I
find it pretty
>useless to try to research or report where a virus came
from.  You may be
>able to determine the real domain that sent it by looking
at the SMTP
www.samspade.org or
>www.google.com ... but don't expect it to lead anywhere,
this is mainly for
>your own amu{*filter*}t.

>> Hi;

>> I received a virus from a microsoft.com mail account and
>> I've tried to look for a means to report this but cannot
>> find the right place to send the information to.  The
>> closest thing to "report" or "abuse" I've been able to find
>> pertains to "hotmail" and it's not a hotmail address.

>> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

>.

Mon, 04 Jul 2005 02:51:06 GMT
 Received Virus
I doubt the virus really came from microsoft.  Viruses like Klez forge the
FROM: field on an email, it is extremely easy to do.  I find it pretty
useless to try to research or report where a virus came from.  You may be
able to determine the real domain that sent it by looking at the SMTP
headers within the email, using instructions from www.samspade.org or
www.google.com ... but don't expect it to lead anywhere, this is mainly for
your own amu{*filter*}t.

Quote:
> Hi;

> I received a virus from a microsoft.com mail account and
> I've tried to look for a means to report this but cannot
> find the right place to send the information to.  The
> closest thing to "report" or "abuse" I've been able to find
> pertains to "hotmail" and it's not a hotmail address.

> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mon, 04 Jul 2005 02:44:09 GMT
 Received Virus

where the xxxxx.xxx is the isp from the email address.   So if it was microsoft.com

: Thanks for the info.
:

Quote:
: >I doubt the virus really came from microsoft.  Viruses
: like Klez forge the
: >FROM: field on an email, it is extremely easy to do.  I
: find it pretty
: >useless to try to research or report where a virus came
: from.  You may be
: >able to determine the real domain that sent it by looking
: at the SMTP
: >headers within the email, using instructions from
: www.samspade.org or
: >www.google.com ... but don't expect it to lead anywhere,
: this is mainly for
: >your own amu{*filter*}t.
: >
: >

: >> Hi;
: >>
: >> I received a virus from a microsoft.com mail account and
: >> I've tried to look for a means to report this but cannot
: >> find the right place to send the information to.  The
: >> closest thing to "report" or "abuse" I've been able to find
: >> pertains to "hotmail" and it's not a hotmail address.
: >>
: >> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
: >>

: >
: >
: >.
: >

Mon, 04 Jul 2005 06:23:33 GMT
 Received Virus
To do that you will need to go get the complete source
O.E.
File | Properties | Details tab | Message Source | right click | Select All |
Right click | Copy
(close it)
start a New Message, click the message body, right click | Paste
Choose File | Save so you have this in your Drafts folder

If you see where the mail came from teh number is their (most likely) I.P.
address.. Highlight it, open your browser to www.SamSpade.org  and paste teh IP
addres in it to reverse look up the ISP it was sent through. When it runs this
down...
like Verio.com

subject line HELP I am being bombarded with SPAM.

They will send you a message from an Auto Responder. In the case of Verio, I had
to complain that I had a heart problem adn any further SPAM from them would
probably cause me irrepairable harm. They did contact me then.

as you can see, this is complete learning curve.

Tip: Never "Unsubscribe", 99% of those use your email to know you have a "warm"
email addres adn they sell it. Yes, it is their second revenue source. It's what
they call a good business plan, and growing the company, and a host of other
things, In fact, they are worse than Larry Flint.

don
=================

[...]

Thu, 07 Jul 2005 06:23:24 GMT

1. Very important virus warning, I just received it

2. For Jeremy Suiter: Received W32.Bugbear virus from you

3. VIRUS VIRUS VIRUS

5. bugabear virus and sweetadeline1 w32KlezEremovaltools virus

6. Virus/Test Virus wanted!

7. Help me get rid of this virus post has a virus in the post

8. Are Virus Protection Firms the Virus Coders !!

9. Virus Boot - Boot virus - help

10. Wounding a Virus......more "Fight a Virus with a Virus"

11. received alerrt about "jdbgmgr.exe" "virus"

12. message received