is jdbgmgr.exe a virus?
Author Message
 is jdbgmgr.exe a virus?

I received an email today from a friend who said that the
subj file was a virus and I needed to search for and
delete it from my hard drive.  He said it won't be picked
up to Norton or McAfee. I've seen these messages before
and they were hoaxes.  Anyone know about this one?  I
have the file and it's names a Java Begugger Regestrar
file from Microsoft.  Norton scanner said it's ok.  Help
please?

Thu, 09 Jun 2005 03:29:43 GMT
 is jdbgmgr.exe a virus?

Quote:

> I received an email today from a friend who said that the
> subj file was a virus and I needed to search for and
> delete it from my hard drive.  He said it won't be picked
> up to Norton or McAfee. I've seen these messages before
> and they were hoaxes.  Anyone know about this one?  I
> have the file and it's names a Java Begugger Regestrar
> file from Microsoft.  Norton scanner said it's ok.  Help
> please?

Yes its a hoax, www.vmyths.com among many other places, can confirm this.

Thu, 09 Jun 2005 07:37:49 GMT
 is jdbgmgr.exe a virus?
No. It is a legitimate file, but the hoax about it has been circulating for
many months now.   Use your internet browser address window and enter the
name of the file, you will see lots about it.
John Hanley
----------------------------------

Quote:
> I received an email today from a friend who said that the
> subj file was a virus and I needed to search for and
> delete it from my hard drive.  He said it won't be picked
> up to Norton or McAfee. I've seen these messages before
> and they were hoaxes.  Anyone know about this one?  I
> have the file and it's names a Java Begugger Regestrar
> file from Microsoft.  Norton scanner said it's ok.  Help
> please?

Thu, 09 Jun 2005 06:51:39 GMT
 is jdbgmgr.exe a virus?
Hoax.  Ignore.  www.sarc.com www.microsoft.com/support www.google.com all
have lots of info on this, as does this newsgroup.

Quote:
> I received an email today from a friend who said that the
> subj file was a virus and I needed to search for and
> delete it from my hard drive.  He said it won't be picked
> up to Norton or McAfee. I've seen these messages before
> and they were hoaxes.  Anyone know about this one?  I
> have the file and it's names a Java Begugger Regestrar
> file from Microsoft.  Norton scanner said it's ok.  Help
> please?

---

Thu, 09 Jun 2005 07:51:29 GMT
 is jdbgmgr.exe a virus?
Its not a virus. This is a hoax email. That file is a
java script de{*filter*} manager. You need this executable.
DO NOT delet.
Quote:

Thu, 09 Jun 2005 22:25:24 GMT

1. jdbgmgr.exe virus

2. virus jdbgmgr.exe

3. jdbgmgr.exe (is this a virus!! please advise)

4. jdbgmgr.exe (virus)

5. Virus jdbgmgr.exe

6. jdbgmgr.exe virus hoax

7. jdbgmgr.exe Virus ( Legit or Hoax)

8. jdbgmgr.exe is NOT A VIRUS it is a HOAX

9. Virus - file jdbgmgr.exe

10. jdbgmgr.exe virus????

11. help !!!!!! with the jdbgmgr.exe virus or hoax

12. jdbgmgr.exe virus hoax