top 10 antivirus softwares
Author Message
 top 10 antivirus softwares

Hello;

Does anybody know what are the top ten AntiVirus softwares.
Having problems with trojan Horse virus

Thanks
andrew

Tue, 14 Oct 2003 11:07:03 GMT
 top 10 antivirus softwares
May I advice,

NVC of Norman www.norman.com
AVP of Kaspersky www.kaspersky.com
McAfee of NAI www.nai.com
Norton of Symantec www.symantec.com

and for a "plus" protection

PersonalFirewall of Norman www.norman.com
BlackIce of NetworkIce www.networkice.com
McAfee Firewall of NAI www.nai.com

Quote:
> Hello;

> Does anybody know what are the top ten AntiVirus softwares.
> Having problems with trojan Horse virus

> Thanks
> andrew

Tue, 14 Oct 2003 17:04:54 GMT
 top 10 antivirus softwares
Best AV in my book is InoculateT --- it is free and it works well with
Windows/OE/IE --- something that NAV and McAfee had problems doing
Quote:

> Hello;

> Does anybody know what are the top ten AntiVirus softwares.
> Having problems with trojan Horse virus

> Thanks
> andrew

Tue, 14 Oct 2003 20:03:45 GMT
 top 10 antivirus softwares
McAfee has been known to cause  a few problems --- causing multiple instances of MSIMN
to run and have to be CAD'd.   It has been known to cause problems with imaghlp.dll
file which causes OE to hang.(removal of file )

Seems kind of dumb to have an AV that you have to disable in order to get it to work
with your software.

Quote:

> it essential to add to the discussion:

> >Best AV in my book is InoculateT --- it is free and it works well with
> >Windows/OE/IE --- something that NAV and McAfee had problems doing

> What sorts of problems?

> We have McAfee on about 3500 machines, and I'm not aware of any
> problems on any of them.

Wed, 15 Oct 2003 04:17:01 GMT
 top 10 antivirus softwares
Interesting... I agree with Gail.. I'm part of fairly large company (largest
resort apparel company in the US)- unanimously, we've all dropped McAfee- I
also dropped Dr Solomon- in 8 years, for me - regardless of cost,
InoculateIT is the best, and least visible program I've used... it's the
easiest to update as well.... I can never thank CA enough for a great
program - and free, no less...Others at the company have opted for Norton
because of it's 'auto-update' feature.... something I'm not familiar
with....I think it goes to their site and updates completely on it's
own...where with InoculateIT you need to do a couple of clicks..

3500 computers are allot- but, if depends on what you're running too.. we
use Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Photoshop, among allot others.. plus other
scan, picture, and art programs.. PerlTalk (to connect to our AS400) - also,
PCAnywhere to connect via the net... the absolute noticeable difference is
that there is no question McAfee slowed down our PC's... but, this is only
in my experience..

--
B'rgds,
Vinnie

Quote:

> it essential to add to the discussion:

> >McAfee has been known to cause  a few problems --- causing multiple
instances of MSIMN
> >to run and have to be CAD'd.   It has been known to cause problems with
imaghlp.dll
> >file which causes OE to hang.(removal of file )

> Never seen any of these problems.  With 3500 machines running the
> software, you'd think I'd hear about *something*.  After all, I'm the
> Supervisor of Support Services for the entire campus, and I'm
> responsible for virus protection for the entire campus.

> >Seems kind of dumb to have an AV that you have to disable in order to get
it to work
> >with your software.

> Yes, it would, if that were the case.

Wed, 15 Oct 2003 23:28:20 GMT
 top 10 antivirus softwares
I think AVP is best

Quote:
> Hello;

> Does anybody know what are the top ten AntiVirus softwares.
> Having problems with trojan Horse virus

> Thanks
> andrew

Thu, 16 Oct 2003 09:57:35 GMT
 top 10 antivirus softwares

Hi,

Since 1997, we have been observing, integrating, supporting, consulting,
supervising NAI - McAfee AntiVirus solutions installed on over 20k computers
and we have not been faced such that important and main issues mentioned
here.

We also believe that an antivirus sw must detect and clean viruses but also
may be manageable on the corporate networks. These are what we have found on
NAI, AVP, NORMAN.

Quote:
> Hello;

> Does anybody know what are the top ten AntiVirus softwares.
> Having problems with trojan Horse virus

> Thanks
> andrew

Fri, 17 Oct 2003 19:24:33 GMT
 top 10 antivirus softwares
There is one called "the cleaner" targets trojans specifically.  If I had
the link I would post it but you should be able to find it in a search.

Quote:
> Hello;

> Does anybody know what are the top ten AntiVirus softwares.
> Having problems with trojan Horse virus

> Thanks
> andrew

Fri, 17 Oct 2003 21:31:11 GMT
 top 10 antivirus softwares
Wow.......... that's incredible - and never a problem?  You're fortunate-
very fortunate...

--
B'rgds,
Vinnie

Quote:
> On Sat, 28 Apr 2001 11:28:20 -0400, "Vinnie Rinaldi"

> [snip]

> >3500 computers are allot- but, if depends on what you're running too.. we
> >use Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Photoshop, among allot others.. plus other
> >scan, picture, and art programs.. PerlTalk (to connect to our AS400) -
also,
> >PCAnywhere to connect via the net... the absolute noticeable difference
is
> >that there is no question McAfee slowed down our PC's... but, this is
only
> >in my experience..

> We're a university.  We run everything including the kitchen sink.  We
> have Campus Enterprise Agreement license for MS products, which
> includes lots of their server software, Office Premium (Word, Excel,
> Powerpoint, Access, FrontPage, Publisher, Office Tools, etc.), Visual
> Studio, Photoshop, Allaire products, remote control software,
> mainframe emulators, xterms, etc., etc., etc.

Sat, 18 Oct 2003 07:31:27 GMT
 top 10 antivirus softwares

C'mon Vinnie, hopes and fortune are not for ITs :)))

Quote:
> Wow.......... that's incredible - and never a problem?  You're fortunate-
> very fortunate...

> --
> B'rgds,
> Vinnie

> > On Sat, 28 Apr 2001 11:28:20 -0400, "Vinnie Rinaldi"

> > [snip]

> > >3500 computers are allot- but, if depends on what you're running too..
we
> > >use Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Photoshop, among allot others.. plus other
> > >scan, picture, and art programs.. PerlTalk (to connect to our AS400) -
> also,
> > >PCAnywhere to connect via the net... the absolute noticeable difference
> is
> > >that there is no question McAfee slowed down our PC's... but, this is
> only
> > >in my experience..

> > We're a university.  We run everything including the kitchen sink.  We
> > have Campus Enterprise Agreement license for MS products, which
> > includes lots of their server software, Office Premium (Word, Excel,
> > Powerpoint, Access, FrontPage, Publisher, Office Tools, etc.), Visual
> > Studio, Photoshop, Allaire products, remote control software,
> > mainframe emulators, xterms, etc., etc., etc.

Sat, 18 Oct 2003 16:42:32 GMT

 [ 23 post ]  Go to page: [1] [2]

 Relevant Pages

1. Top 10 posters

2. Top 10 posters for the 14 day period ending 2001-07-08

3. Top 10 Language Constructs (Smalltalk)

4. Top 10 Language Constructs (Forth)

5. Top 10 Reasons Not to Use a Java Debugger in School

6. Top 10 uses for Miranda

7. Top 10 Language Constructs (Modula2)

8. Top 10 Language Constructs (Oberon)

9. Top 10 Language Constructs (Eiffel)

10. undefined variables (was Top 10 Language Constructs (Modula-2))

11. Top 10 Language Constructs (Scheme)

12. Top 10 Web sites on VRML