Gina Virus? NTHack? FTP Virus
Author Message
 Gina Virus? NTHack? FTP Virus

Ugh... Ok, So I accidentally left "allow annonymous access"
CHECKED...
WIN2K server, SP2 E2K also SP2.
today, in the FTP directory I found a folder with no name,

the unnamed folder has pub,1337,made,by,com1,deus,
for,com2,SWAA,-=XXX=-,Gina Wild

Ya know, one of these days the Virus companies will figure
a way to allow you to search for a virus name by inputting
SYMPTOMS......
the nearest I've been able to figure out is that this is
NThack... I am running the latest version of mcafee, brand
new DAT's  (updates every day)
I have scanned my system several times, but the folders
are still there, I can not delete, move change, or
anything... does ANYBODY know how to fix this one?
Thanks In Advance!

Wed, 06 Oct 2004 00:45:31 GMT
 Gina Virus? NTHack? FTP Virus
www1.dshield.org/pipermail/list/2001-November/001814.html
check this out...

Quote:

Wed, 06 Oct 2004 12:33:49 GMT
 Gina Virus? NTHack? FTP Virus

Quote:
> Ugh... Ok, So I accidentally left "allow annonymous access"
> CHECKED...
> WIN2K server, SP2 E2K also SP2.
> today, in the FTP directory I found a folder with no name,

> the unnamed folder has pub,1337,made,by,com1,deus,
> for,com2,SWAA,-=XXX=-,Gina Wild

> Ya know, one of these days the Virus companies will figure
> a way to allow you to search for a virus name by inputting
> SYMPTOMS......

You don't have a virus, Your FTP server has been compromised. I know that
probably sounds like I am quibbling over semantics but I am not.

Quote:
> the nearest I've been able to figure out is that this is
> NThack... I am running the latest version of mcafee, brand
> new DAT's  (updates every day)
> I have scanned my system several times, but the folders
> are still there, I can not delete, move change, or
> anything... does ANYBODY know how to fix this one?

Not got caught myself so I ain't tried these but two methods that I have
been told work
1) log on to the FTP server with an FTP client and try to delete them with
that.
2) open a command line, and try to delete the folders by typing in the
*full* path to them from the root of the drive

the folder does have a name just not one that shows up in explorer. A DIR
command from a command line may show it, or a decent FTP program might.

Thu, 07 Oct 2004 04:26:24 GMT
 Gina Virus? NTHack? FTP Virus
Hmmm sorry, that link doesn't seem to go anywhere....
  Unfortunately, I'm still having trouble,
I've tried the command line and ftp client tricks
mentioned by Robert.. still lo luck.
I get "the folder is not empty" if I try to delete it from
a command prompt.
access denied if I try from FTP.
Quote:

Com1.
>>the unnamed folder has pub,1337,made,by,com1,deus,
>>for,com2,SWAA,-=XXX=-,Gina Wild

>>Ya know, one of these days the Virus companies will

>figure
>>a way to allow you to search for a virus name by
>inputting
>>SYMPTOMS......
>>the nearest I've been able to figure out is that this is
>>NThack... I am running the latest version of mcafee,
>brand
>>new DAT's  (updates every day)
>>I have scanned my system several times, but the folders
>>are still there, I can not delete, move change, or
>>anything... does ANYBODY know how to fix this one?
>>Thanks In Advance!

>>.

>.

Fri, 08 Oct 2004 22:19:46 GMT
 Gina Virus? NTHack? FTP Virus
Sounds like you may need to get a Computer Tech to come and look at your situation.  Be
sure when you call to contact them that you explain exactly what is going on so that
they can send womeone who knows what they need to be doing

: Hmmm sorry, that link doesn't seem to go anywhere....
:   Unfortunately, I'm still having trouble,
: I've tried the command line and ftp client tricks
: mentioned by Robert.. still lo luck.
: I get "the folder is not empty" if I try to delete it from
: a command prompt.
: access denied if I try from FTP.

Quote:
: >www1.dshield.org/pipermail/list/2001-November/001814.html
: >check this out...
: >
: >>Ugh... Ok, So I accidentally left "allow annonymous
: >access"
: >>CHECKED...
: >>WIN2K server, SP2 E2K also SP2.
: >>today, in the FTP directory I found a folder with no
: >name,

: Com1.
: >>the unnamed folder has pub,1337,made,by,com1,deus,
: >>for,com2,SWAA,-=XXX=-,Gina Wild
: >>
: >>
: >>Ya know, one of these days the Virus companies will
: >
: >figure
: >>a way to allow you to search for a virus name by
: >inputting
: >>SYMPTOMS......
: >>the nearest I've been able to figure out is that this is
: >>NThack... I am running the latest version of mcafee,
: >brand
: >>new DAT's  (updates every day)
: >>I have scanned my system several times, but the folders
: >>are still there, I can not delete, move change, or
: >>anything... does ANYBODY know how to fix this one?
: >>Thanks In Advance!
: >>
: >>.
: >>
: >.
: >

Sat, 09 Oct 2004 01:12:37 GMT
 Gina Virus? NTHack? FTP Virus
But what do you think has happened
I have the same problem

Quote:
> Sounds like you may need to get a Computer Tech to come and look at your
situation.  Be
> sure when you call to contact them that you explain exactly what is going
on so that
> they can send womeone who knows what they need to be doing

> : Hmmm sorry, that link doesn't seem to go anywhere....
> :   Unfortunately, I'm still having trouble,
> : I've tried the command line and ftp client tricks
> : mentioned by Robert.. still lo luck.
> : I get "the folder is not empty" if I try to delete it from
> : a command prompt.
> : access denied if I try from FTP.

Wed, 08 Dec 2004 17:05:13 GMT

1. VIRUS VIRUS VIRUS

3. bugabear virus and sweetadeline1 w32KlezEremovaltools virus

4. Virus/Test Virus wanted!

5. Help me get rid of this virus post has a virus in the post

6. Are Virus Protection Firms the Virus Coders !!

7. Virus Boot - Boot virus - help

8. Virus on ftp.ni.com

9. Wounding a Virus......more "Fight a Virus with a Virus"

10. Virus Alert - Back on line after e-mail virus.