w32/opaserv.worm.m
Author Message
 w32/opaserv.worm.m

my other computer has been hit with the opaserv.worm
virus. i've downloaded the microsoft patch on to a disk,
but have been unsuccessful in getting it to remove the
virus. has anyone else experienced this problem who can
offer some tips? thx

Tue, 14 Jun 2005 09:44:02 GMT
 w32/opaserv.worm.m
Installing the patch only closes the security hole, it doesn't cure the
worm.
Please read this http://www.viruslist.com/eng/viruslist.html?id=52256
There you will find everything you need to get rid of this worm.

Quote:
> my other computer has been hit with the opaserv.worm
> virus. i've downloaded the microsoft patch on to a disk,
> but have been unsuccessful in getting it to remove the
> virus. has anyone else experienced this problem who can
> offer some tips? thx

Tue, 14 Jun 2005 20:50:56 GMT
 w32/opaserv.worm.m

Quote:
> my other computer has been hit with the opaserv.worm
> virus. i've downloaded the microsoft patch on to a disk,
> but have been unsuccessful in getting it to remove the
> virus. has anyone else experienced this problem who can
> offer some tips? thx

Virus?  Antivirus.  Virus?  Antivirus.  Seems obvious to me.
www.grisoft.com is free.  www.sarc.com has a knowledge database with info on
this virus and probably also a free removal tool, although no removal tool
will protect you from becoming reinfected a minute later.  There are other
things you should really consider doing to secure your computer, including a
firewall, such as the free www.sygate.com firewall.  See:

http://securityadmin.info/faq.htm#antivirus
http://securityadmin.info/faq.htm#firewall
http://securityadmin.info/faq.htm#harden

---

Wed, 15 Jun 2005 01:02:18 GMT

1. Worm virus: W32/opaserv.worm.f

2. W32 Opaserv.worm a/k/a Opasoft.A Worm

3. Patch for W32.Opaserv.Worm

4. W32.Opaserv.Worm

5. W32.Opaserv.Worm virus

6. Eradicating W32.Opaserv.Worm

7. W32.Opaserv.Worm Virus

8. w32.opaserv.worm

9. W32.OPASERV.WORM

10. w32.opaserv.worm and microsoft patch

11. W32.Opaserv.G.Worm

12. W32.Opaserv.Worm & Nimda.enc Nida.E@mm