Warning-do not open any email with subject of 9/11 or the WTC
Author Message
 Warning-do not open any email with subject of 9/11 or the WTC

I received the following in my email (different from the
one I listed above).  Is this a hoax or is it real?

Charity

I don't know whether this is a hoax or not, but better
to be safe than sorry!!!!

Subject: Fw: warning

During the next several weeks be VERY cautious about
opening or launching any e-mails that refer to the
World Trade Center or 9/11 in any way, regardless
of who sent it.     PLEASE FORWARD TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS
AND FAMILY.

FOR THOSE THAT DON'T KNOW,  "WTC" STANDS FOR THE
              WORLD TRADE CENTER

REALLY   DANGEROUS BECAUSE

PEOPLE WILL OPEN IT RIGHT AWAY.....

THINKING ITS A STORY RELATING TO 9/11

(.....PLEASE BE CAREFUL....... :)

BIGGGG TROUBLE !!!! DO NOT  OPEN "WTC Survivor"

It is a virus that will erase your whole "C" drive. It
will  come to you in the form  of an E-mail from a
familiar person.

I repeat a  friend sent it to me, but called and
warned me before I  opened it.

He was  not so lucky and now he can't even start his
computer!

Forward this to everyone  in your address book.
I would rather receive this 25 times than not at all.

If you receive an email called "WTC Survivor" do not
open it.

Delete it right away! This virus removes all dynamic
link libraries (.dll  files) from your computer.

PLEASE FORWARD THIS  MESSAGE

Sun, 03 Jul 2005 12:14:21 GMT
 Warning-do not open any email with subject of 9/11 or the WTC

Fri, 19 Jun 1992 00:00:00 GMT
 Warning-do not open any email with subject of 9/11 or the WTC
G'day all.

I received this email on the 9/11 disaster at the WTC
It told me in extensive terms there was real panic on the web regarding virusses
and that I should forward this to *all* of my address book.
Being better safe then sorry I poked around and some of the regular AV Knowledge
Bases and came up with the following info.

http://vil.nai.com/vil/content/v_99245.htm

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/wtc.survivor....

You see, it's a *REAL HOAX*

Greetingzzz,  Bob A. Schelfhout Aubertijn

Please reply to the newsgroup only so that others can learn from this issue.
This message is provided "as is", with absolutely no warranties.

Sun, 03 Jul 2005 17:14:41 GMT

1. Warning: Could not find/open font

2. Email list for discussion of poplog/pop-11 developments

3. Sybase Open Client 11

4. APP Open error 11: Parameter typing error

5. m. works with 1 : but not with 11 :

6. RTP NC 11/11, 12/6 - CINCOM VISUALWORKS

7. Part 11 of 11 - Topics for Discussion

8. The Language List - Version 2.3 (Part 11 of 11)

9. The Language List Version 2.2 (Part 11 of 11)

10. Modula II for PDP-11 running RT-11

11. ANNOUNCE: moodss-11.11

12. WARNING - Scam was (no subject)