firewall
Author Message
 firewall

What makes you think you have a firewall???
Have you recently installed software?

A firewall is either soft/hardware that puts a barrier
between your computer and the internet, it acts as a filter
to stop {*filter*}grams from getting through, it also hides
your IP address, to keep others from pinging your PC
and doing DOS attacks...Denial of Service

Quote:

Fri, 20 May 2005 07:09:15 GMT
 firewall
A Firewall is software that protects your computer from unwanted external attacks and
internal responses to trojans or programs that are created to victimize you.

To get a firewall on your computer, it either came already loaded or someone thought
highly of you and decided to load it on for you.

To get rid of a firewall - go to add/remove programs and uninstall from
there,,,,,,,HOWEVER  only do so if you do not surf the web or use email or use any sort
of instant message

: please could somebody help me!
: I have a firewall on my computer, would someone first of
: all explain what a firewall is, secondly how it got there
: and thirdly how do i get rid of it!
: please, please, please help!
:
:

Fri, 20 May 2005 22:17:02 GMT

1. Script Logging Firewall Printer

2. DST5.6 through a password protected firewall

3. Accessing envy behind a firewall

4. Microsoft XP Pro Beta - Firewall and Anti-virus

5. DST5.6 through a password protected firewall

6. Firewall Vulnerability

7. Firewall Primer for "newbies"

8. Any suggestions for firewall?

9. FTP Read Through Firewall

10. Forth firewall?

11. Firewall denied!

12. Firewall Policy definition language?