Outlook Sending mail to my address book
Author Message
 Outlook Sending mail to my address book

I have a feeling that my Outlook Express is sending
unsolicited mail to people in my current address book, and
some people I have deleted. Is there some way that I can
tell if this is happening? I have current Norton, and I
don't have anything of merit, and i am behind a good
firewall.

The trigger seems to be that I got a message back from
postoffice saying the my mail was undeliverable, yet I
can't find that name in my address book, and don't
remember sending anything to him in many months?

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. I am
thinking reload, but would perfer knowing ahead of time.

Tom Blaney

Mon, 13 Dec 2004 21:41:21 GMT
 Outlook Sending mail to my address book
Do some research on KLEZ.

> I have a feeling that my Outlook Express is sending
> unsolicited mail to people in my current address book, and
> some people I have deleted. Is there some way that I can
> tell if this is happening? I have current Norton, and I
> don't have anything of merit, and i am behind a good
> firewall.

> The trigger seems to be that I got a message back from
> postoffice saying the my mail was undeliverable, yet I
> can't find that name in my address book, and don't
> remember sending anything to him in many months?

> Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. I am
> thinking reload, but would perfer knowing ahead of time.

> Tom Blaney

Mon, 13 Dec 2004 23:11:33 GMT
 Outlook Sending mail to my address book
Klez was written for this purpose.  The addresses may have been deleted, but they
may have still been cached somewhere on your hard drive.  For info on Klez and a
removal tool click the link:
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.klez.remo...

Quote:
> I have a feeling that my Outlook Express is sending
> unsolicited mail to people in my current address book, and
> some people I have deleted. Is there some way that I can
> tell if this is happening? I have current Norton, and I
> don't have anything of merit, and i am behind a good
> firewall.

> The trigger seems to be that I got a message back from
> postoffice saying the my mail was undeliverable, yet I
> can't find that name in my address book, and don't
> remember sending anything to him in many months?

> Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. I am
> thinking reload, but would perfer knowing ahead of time.

> Tom Blaney

Mon, 13 Dec 2004 23:52:29 GMT
 Outlook Sending mail to my address book
Someone who has you in their address book has gotten
that new virus going around, it makes it appear as if
you sent it, but actually it was sent by someone who has
that virus.
Not much you can do about it, maybe notify all your friends
to scan their systems, and keep their virus scan up to
date.

Quote:

Tue, 14 Dec 2004 04:51:59 GMT

1. Sending e-mail with Microsoft outlook 2002

2. Send a mail from Clipper to Outlook

3. Sending Mail via outlook

4. send mail with outlook express from LV

5. Outlook Express Address Book??

6. access to outlook address-book ?

7. How to access Address Book in Outlook...

8. How to access Address Book in Outlook...

9. How do I trigger a send/receive in Outlook or Outlook Express

10. send mail using SMTP Send Message when mail server is unknown

11. Can viruses use the corporate mail address book?

12. How to put an address in Outlook address book?