Missing Menu in Word 2000
Author Message
 Missing Menu in Word 2000

Win98 HP Pavillion where everything except the title bar
was missing in MSWord. Did a complete removal and
reinstalled Office 2000 Pro and result was still the same.
Other MS Office programs had no problem. McAfee failed to
detect any virus. Finally removed Office 2000 again,
updated operating system to Win98 SE (with great
difficulty, numerous hangups) and installed Office 97 Pro.
Problem seems to have gone away. Prior to updating OS,
there was a folder coming up on the desktop as if it was
there when you shut down. Unsuccessful at finding it's
call-up. Even searched the registry with no luck. Folder
name was 'GAME' and files in folder were 'Wyvern' exe's
and dll's. After update, folder quit coming up. Deleted
folder from drive.
    Question... was this a virus? Owner was downloading
some games from the internet without any virus guarding
program. Owner doesn't know exactly when the trouble
started but guestament is about two/three weeks.

Mon, 30 May 2005 14:49:40 GMT
 Missing Menu in Word 2000
This sounds like Word had gotten into Full Screen mode.

No virus, no need for re-install etc.

Regards,

Mike

Quote:
> Win98 HP Pavillion where everything except the title bar
> was missing in MSWord. Did a complete removal and
> reinstalled Office 2000 Pro and result was still the same.
> Other MS Office programs had no problem. McAfee failed to
> detect any virus. Finally removed Office 2000 again,
> updated operating system to Win98 SE (with great
> difficulty, numerous hangups) and installed Office 97 Pro.
> Problem seems to have gone away. Prior to updating OS,
> there was a folder coming up on the desktop as if it was
> there when you shut down. Unsuccessful at finding it's
> call-up. Even searched the registry with no luck. Folder
> name was 'GAME' and files in folder were 'Wyvern' exe's
> and dll's. After update, folder quit coming up. Deleted
> folder from drive.
>     Question... was this a virus? Owner was downloading
> some games from the internet without any virus guarding
> program. Owner doesn't know exactly when the trouble
> started but guestament is about two/three weeks.

Mon, 30 May 2005 18:14:37 GMT
 Missing Menu in Word 2000
Not correct Michael. You cannot make the menu bar
disappear even in full screen mode. Try it, you'll see.
Even the help file on Word says that the menu cannot be
hidden. Any other ideas? Thanks anyway.
Quote:

Tue, 31 May 2005 13:41:55 GMT
 Missing Menu in Word 2000
Hi Michael. Sent a response but didn't post it as a reply
to your response. See the 'response I sent to myself?
Quote:

Tue, 31 May 2005 13:44:08 GMT

1. Word 97 and word 2000 - calling from clarion - HELP

2. QuickDDE, Word 2000 & Windows 2000

3. MMD.386 Missing by Windows 2000

4. Mail Merge - Word 2000

5. QDDE+W2K+Word 2000

6. Clarion 5.0 and MS Word 2000

7. automating word 2000

8. Building Menus in Microfocus Cobol on DEC-Alpha-2000 UNIX Box

9. Missing Words

10. Standard on user-defined words (was: Some missing posts)

11. Missing FORTRAN library entries for DEC Fortran: A last word

12. CW2.003 - Multiple Menu Bars - what am I missing