W32.HAWAWI.WORM - WARNING - Help required please
Author Message
 W32.HAWAWI.WORM - WARNING - Help required please

Hi All, I have had the HAWAWI Worm (note the spelling)
recently, which has now been innoculated from my system.
However, this has deleted ALL .doc files, ALL .xls files,
and numerous other applications, and damaged startup
programmes. PLEASE make sure your anti virus software is
bang up to date, and that you do back ups regularly.
However I now have all the titles of documents still
available, but all show "0Kb" or "0 Characters".
Please can anyone help with a solution to finding the data?
Thanks, Bob.

Mon, 10 Oct 2005 17:01:35 GMT
 W32.HAWAWI.WORM - WARNING - Help required please

Fri, 19 Jun 1992 00:00:00 GMT
 W32.HAWAWI.WORM - WARNING - Help required please
How were you able to recover the documents with only the titles?

In any case, if the virus deleted the data, the only way to recover is to
utilize a program designed for this; however, I am uncertain whether any
exist, but it is probable.  Anyhow, programs could accomplish this because
when files are deleted, only the REFERENCES are erased, not the data.  This
is because each of their names' first characters are replaced with an
extended American Standard Code for Information Interchange (ASCII)
character, which, I believe, is a Greek letter resembling an "O."  However,
the data, no longer being associated with files, is subject to being
overwritten by other data.

Mon, 10 Oct 2005 17:48:00 GMT

1. Worm virus: W32/opaserv.worm.f

2. W32 Opaserv.worm a/k/a Opasoft.A Worm

3. urgent help regarding w32.mapson.worm

4. someone can help me with :w32.supova.worm?

5. HELP! Mcafee cannot clean, delete W32/AceBot.worm

6. Antigen found W32/Ska.A.Worm virus

7. W32.Kwbot.C.Worm

8. W32/Pate.b.worm Virus

9. PSS Moderate Security Alert - New Worm: W32.Fizzer.A@mm