What this actually is, joke or virus?
Author Message
 What this actually is, joke or virus?

The following strange message have been forwarding among my friends.
Then what exactly this is? just joke? or virus mail?
If anybody know anything about this, just let me know.
--------------------

Quote:
> Dear Friends,
> Please do not take this for a junk letter. Bill Gates is sharing his
>fortune. If you ignore this you will repent later. Microsoft and AOL

are now

Quote:
>the largest Internet companies and in an effort to make sure that

Internet

Quote:
>Explorer remains the most widely used program, Microsoft and AOL are

running

Quote:
>an e-mail beta test.
> When you forward this e-mail to friends, Microsoft can and will
>track it (if you are a Microsoft Windows user) for a two week time

period.

Quote:
> For every person that you forward this e-mail to, Microsoft will pay
>you $245.00, for every person that you sent it to that forwards it on,
>Microsoft will pay you $243.00 and for every third person that receives

it,

Quote:
>you will be paid $241.00. Within two weeks, Microsoft will contact you

for

Quote:
>your address and then send you a cheque Regards.

-----------------------

Thanks,
Regard.

  Osamu Terao

Mon, 05 Dec 2005 14:42:07 GMT
 What this actually is, joke or virus?

Quote:

> The following strange message have been forwarding
> among my friends.  Then what exactly this is? just
> joke? or virus mail?  If anybody know anything about
> this, just let me know.

> > Please do not take this for a junk letter. Bill
> > Gates is sharing his fortune. If you ignore this
> > you will repent later.
> > <snipped>
> > For every person that you forward this e-mail to,
> > Microsoft will pay you $245.00
> > <snipped>
> > Within two weeks, Microsoft will contact you for
> > your address and then send you a cheque.

It's an old hoax.  See here:

http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/nothing/billgate.htm

--
AZC

Mon, 05 Dec 2005 19:21:06 GMT

1. OT: Joke - actually not funny

2. virus?sick joke? still got problems

3. Joke virus

4. Am I virus-free now?

5. Willkommen am Weiterleitungsserver, - Virus?

6. VIRUS VIRUS VIRUS

7. I am not deaf, but am I mute?

9. bugabear virus and sweetadeline1 w32KlezEremovaltools virus

10. Virus/Test Virus wanted!

11. Help me get rid of this virus post has a virus in the post

12. Are Virus Protection Firms the Virus Coders !!