Nimda virus keeps trying to attack. Please help...
Author Message
 Nimda virus keeps trying to attack. Please help...

Hi,

  I have applied all the patches recomended for the Nimda virus but it is
still trying to attack, luckily the virus scanner detects it and deletes it
before infecting the computer. The message which pops up is:

The file was successfully deleted.(from APP00 IP 192.168.12.10 user
APP00\IUSR_DEV00 running NetShield 2000 4.5 OAS)

Im on Windows 2000 Server with SP2 and all the patches suggested applied. Im
running Mcafee net sheild.
How can I stop this Nimda worm trying to attack as it has been the past few
days around 50 times a day.

Thanks

Mon, 15 Mar 2004 12:05:56 GMT
 Nimda virus keeps trying to attack. Please help...
You are not being attacked, you are infected and may very well be attacking
other web servers! Applying patches will only block a reinfection. At Trend
Micro (much better then Mcafee) there is a small what to do, but I am not
sure how complete it is.
http://www.antivirus.com/vinfo/virusencyclo/default5.asp?VName=PE_NIM...

Do people a favor and apply patches when they come out, not when you're
infected! Learn how to run a Web Server before you actually do, people like
you are the reason this stupid virus is so effective! Lesson learned I
hope!!

Shawn

Quote:

> Hi,

>   I have applied all the patches recomended for the Nimda virus but it is
> still trying to attack, luckily the virus scanner detects it and deletes
it
> before infecting the computer. The message which pops up is:

> The file was successfully deleted.(from APP00 IP 192.168.12.10 user
> APP00\IUSR_DEV00 running NetShield 2000 4.5 OAS)

> Im on Windows 2000 Server with SP2 and all the patches suggested applied.
Im
> running Mcafee net sheild.
> How can I stop this Nimda worm trying to attack as it has been the past
few
> days around 50 times a day.

> Thanks

Mon, 15 Mar 2004 22:20:39 GMT
 Nimda virus keeps trying to attack. Please help...
Please e-mail me.

Mon, 15 Mar 2004 22:35:33 GMT
 Nimda virus keeps trying to attack. Please help...
We used the instructions in
http://www.antivirus.com/vinfo/virusencyclo/default5.asp?VName=PE_NIM... to
clean our Exchange and NT servers, as well as all the client desktops.  The
Fix Tool that is downloadable from this page saved our butts.  It cleans
Nimda from pretty much everywhere.  I highly recommend it.

Ron

Quote:
> You are not being attacked, you are infected and may very well be
attacking
> other web servers! Applying patches will only block a reinfection. At
Trend
> Micro (much better then Mcafee) there is a small what to do, but I am not
> sure how complete it is.
> http://www.antivirus.com/vinfo/virusencyclo/default5.asp?VName=PE_NIM...

> Do people a favor and apply patches when they come out, not when you're
> infected! Learn how to run a Web Server before you actually do, people
like
> you are the reason this stupid virus is so effective! Lesson learned I
> hope!!

> Shawn

> > Hi,

> >   I have applied all the patches recomended for the Nimda virus but it
is
> > still trying to attack, luckily the virus scanner detects it and deletes
> it
> > before infecting the computer. The message which pops up is:

Virus.
> > The file was successfully deleted.(from APP00 IP 192.168.12.10 user
> > APP00\IUSR_DEV00 running NetShield 2000 4.5 OAS)

> > Im on Windows 2000 Server with SP2 and all the patches suggested
applied.
> Im
> > running Mcafee net sheild.
> > How can I stop this Nimda worm trying to attack as it has been the past
> few
> > days around 50 times a day.

> > Thanks

Sun, 21 Mar 2004 03:08:07 GMT
 Nimda virus keeps trying to attack. Please help...

Hi....

just visit http://vil.nai.com/vil/virusSummary.asp?virus_k=99209 and see
what does Nimda do in many ways !!!

And also http://norman.com/virus_info/w32_nimda.shtml will be helpful

Quote:

> Hi,

>   I have applied all the patches recomended for the Nimda virus but it is
> still trying to attack, luckily the virus scanner detects it and deletes
it
> before infecting the computer. The message which pops up is:

> The file was successfully deleted.(from APP00 IP 192.168.12.10 user
> APP00\IUSR_DEV00 running NetShield 2000 4.5 OAS)

> Im on Windows 2000 Server with SP2 and all the patches suggested applied.
Im
> running Mcafee net sheild.
> How can I stop this Nimda worm trying to attack as it has been the past
few
> days around 50 times a day.

> Thanks

Sun, 21 Mar 2004 20:33:54 GMT

1. Help needed on suspected virus attack

2. NIMDA virus

3. removal of nimda virus

4. Nimda Virus

5. NIMDA VIRUS

6. Norton Virus Alert...(W32.Nimda.enc)

7. Nimda Virus

8. Messenger woes, suspicious of virus attack

9. Stopping a virus attack

10. A virus attack my keyboard

11. Virus which attacks Desktop

12. Internet Virus on the Attack today -- internet slowdows