BDE trojan- Is there a legitimate Microsoft BDE in Windows
Author Message
 BDE trojan- Is there a legitimate Microsoft BDE in Windows

Quote:
> I have read about a Trojan called BDE.  I notice I have
> quite a number of files/ folders starting with bde in my
> Windows Folder.  Should these stay in place or be deleted?

Vic,

I don't know if it is the same thing, but Brillliant Digital Entertainment
installs
some "spyware" with the Kazaa peer-to-peer file sharing system. On my system
this was in a folder called BDE on my C: drive.

More recent version of Kazaa allow you to select whether this is installed
or not.#
Maybe uninstalling and re-installing will sort it.

Regards,

Mike

Tue, 29 Mar 2005 19:18:41 GMT

1. look for a dBase or Paradox interface for TAWK (native without using dll nor BDE)

2. Can I Do Dbase 5 without ODBC or BDE

3. Clipper DBFCDX & Delphi BDE network problem

4. Borland BDE?

5. wrapper BDE with Python ?

6. BDE mit Python?

7. BDE / ODBC with Python ?

8. BDE

9. Trojan email Masquerading as Microsoft Security update?

10. Trojan Horse in Windows System

11. BDE; Is that a Virus?