someone can help me with :w32.supova.worm?
Author Message
 someone can help me with :w32.supova.worm?

i was downloading: divx codec v6.0 from kaaza and i
recieved a norton virus alert
virus name :w32.supova.worm
action taken (first message):norton couldn't repair it
            (second message):access to the file was denied
i can't deleted it,the recovery will be the last option
if i have to.
what do i do? microsoft have no informations about it.
thank's for any feed back.

Tue, 18 Oct 2005 08:16:55 GMT
 someone can help me with :w32.supova.worm?

Fri, 19 Jun 1992 00:00:00 GMT
 someone can help me with :w32.supova.worm?
As Microsoft does not specialize in viruses, it naturally does not provide
information on them.  Instead, I recommend the site of Symantec's Security
Response, which I always utilize for virus information, partially because I
possess Norton AntiVirus 5.0.  The site features a virus encyclopedia, which
is probably the most thorough, and lists the six latest threats on the home
page.

For your convenience and being curious about W32.Supova.Worm, I checked
whether information was provided there and read it when it was discovered to
be available.  The address is
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.supova.wo...
.

I am surprised Norton AntiVirus failed to delete W32.Supova.Worm.  I suppose
this "recovery" you mentioned means repair.  If so, it would be futile to
execute this option as all the virus does not infect files; it simply places
itself onto computers; therefore, they should simply be deleted; however, as
you are experiencing problems accomplishing this, it is recommended you
attempt to perform the W32.Supova.Worm information page's removal
instructions.  Ensure they are precisely followed, especially when deleting
the registry value.  If the registry is modified incorrectly, severe Windows
problems can transpire, including failure to startup.

I hope that greatly assists you.  If further information is required, please
do not hesitate to request it here.

Mon, 24 Oct 2005 06:40:39 GMT

1. W32.Supova Worm Virus

2. Worm virus: W32/opaserv.worm.f

3. W32 Opaserv.worm a/k/a Opasoft.A Worm

4. urgent help regarding w32.mapson.worm

5. W32.HAWAWI.WORM - WARNING - Help required please

6. HELP! Mcafee cannot clean, delete W32/AceBot.worm

7. Antigen found W32/Ska.A.Worm virus

8. W32.Kwbot.C.Worm

9. W32/Pate.b.worm Virus

10. PSS Moderate Security Alert - New Worm: W32.Fizzer.A@mm