Readme virus??
Author Message
 Readme virus??

Hello,
I think I got a virus and the responsible file was a "readme.eml" that
apeared in every directory I opened. It started up some proccess like
tftp.exe I think and I found out that it tried to do some bad thing in my
system32 directory. The event log is full of messages like this:

"File replacement was attempted on the protected system file
c:\winnt\system32\tftp.exe. This file was restored to the original version
to maintain system stability. The file version of the system file is
5.0.2134.1. "

This message apeares almoust for every file in the system32 directory.

Could someone tell me what to do?? My OS is Windows 2000.

/John

Sun, 07 Mar 2004 16:22:21 GMT
 Readme virus??

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

> Hello,
> I think I got a virus and the responsible file was a "readme.eml" that
> apeared in every directory I opened. It started up some proccess like
> tftp.exe I think and I found out that it tried to do some bad thing in my
> system32 directory. The event log is full of messages like this:

> "File replacement was attempted on the protected system file
> c:\winnt\system32\tftp.exe. This file was restored to the original version
> to maintain system stability. The file version of the system file is
> 5.0.2134.1. "

> This message apeares almoust for every file in the system32 directory.

> Could someone tell me what to do?? My OS is Windows 2000.

> /John

Sun, 07 Mar 2004 22:20:35 GMT

1. Virus readme.txt.pif

2. VIRUS VIRUS VIRUS

4. bugabear virus and sweetadeline1 w32KlezEremovaltools virus

5. Virus/Test Virus wanted!

6. Help me get rid of this virus post has a virus in the post

7. Are Virus Protection Firms the Virus Coders !!

8. Virus Boot - Boot virus - help

9. create a self-displaying OS/2 README file using the 'readme.cmd' prefix

10. Wounding a Virus......more "Fight a Virus with a Virus"

11. CW4 B4 ReadMe File?

12. Readme for LJPrtIV?