W32.nimda.enc... Why can't I get rid of this one?
Author Message
 W32.nimda.enc... Why can't I get rid of this one?

Hi there, I recently discovered that one of my work computers was infected
with nimda.a, nimda.e and nimda.enc ... I went to symantec's website to find
out about the virus because my norton wasn't detecting the virus... and yes
I have latest updates... so, I downloaded the programs to wipe out a and
e... which seemed to work.  However, I still have this enc virus... every so
often, my norton will interrupt me and say that a file is infected with the
w32.nimda.enc virus... but why can't I get rid of this version of nimda?
With the latest defintions with Norton, it scans my harddrive and says I
don't have any viruses but every so often it will halt my system and tell me
I have an infected file and what do I want to do with it... so, it
recognizes the virus but it doesn't seem to want to get rid of it.  And
symantec's website doesn't seem to have an info for the .enc version of this
virus.

Any thoughts or suggestions?
Thanks!

Sat, 01 May 2004 23:45:25 GMT
 W32.nimda.enc... Why can't I get rid of this one?
I have exactly the same problem - when I ry to look for the .eml file
that it says is infected, it's not there!  When I do a system scan, it
says my system is clean.  Please help!
Quote:

> Hi there, I recently discovered that one of my work computers was infected
> with nimda.a, nimda.e and nimda.enc ... I went to symantec's website to find
> out about the virus because my norton wasn't detecting the virus... and yes
> I have latest updates... so, I downloaded the programs to wipe out a and
> e... which seemed to work.  However, I still have this enc virus... every so
> often, my norton will interrupt me and say that a file is infected with the
> w32.nimda.enc virus... but why can't I get rid of this version of nimda?
> With the latest defintions with Norton, it scans my harddrive and says I
> don't have any viruses but every so often it will halt my system and tell me
> I have an infected file and what do I want to do with it... so, it
> recognizes the virus but it doesn't seem to want to get rid of it.  And
> symantec's website doesn't seem to have an info for the .enc version of this
> virus.

> Any thoughts or suggestions?
> Thanks!

Fri, 14 May 2004 06:02:55 GMT
 W32.nimda.enc... Why can't I get rid of this one?
I have the same problem.  Note that I quarantine items  - so I find
them in my quarantined items folder.

I have the same exact issue otherwise - though it defintely only is
triggered when I send/receive email

Quote:

> I have exactly the same problem - when I ry to look for the .eml file
> that it says is infected, it's not there!  When I do a system scan, it
> says my system is clean.  Please help!

> > Hi there, I recently discovered that one of my work computers was infected
> > with nimda.a, nimda.e and nimda.enc ... I went to symantec's website to find
> > out about the virus because my norton wasn't detecting the virus... and yes
> > I have latest updates... so, I downloaded the programs to wipe out a and
> > e... which seemed to work.  However, I still have this enc virus... every so
> > often, my norton will interrupt me and say that a file is infected with the
> > w32.nimda.enc virus... but why can't I get rid of this version of nimda?
> > With the latest defintions with Norton, it scans my harddrive and says I
> > don't have any viruses but every so often it will halt my system and tell me
> > I have an infected file and what do I want to do with it... so, it
> > recognizes the virus but it doesn't seem to want to get rid of it.  And
> > symantec's website doesn't seem to have an info for the .enc version of this
> > virus.

> > Any thoughts or suggestions?
> > Thanks!

Sat, 15 May 2004 04:41:56 GMT
 W32.nimda.enc... Why can't I get rid of this one?
Hey, I'm the one that orginally posted this comment... I have actually
curtailed the problem... I don't know if it legitimately fixed the problem
but I haven't gotten any norton notifications anymore... basically, all I
did was [shift] delete all the offending files (even out of quarrentine) and
then reboot my computer.  I haven't had the problem since then... course,
knowing how things work... watch me get one right after I send this! :)

Quote:
> I have exactly the same problem - when I ry to look for the .eml file
> that it says is infected, it's not there!  When I do a system scan, it
> says my system is clean.  Please help!

Quote:
> > Hi there, I recently discovered that one of my work computers was
infected
> > with nimda.a, nimda.e and nimda.enc ... I went to symantec's website to
find
> > out about the virus because my norton wasn't detecting the virus... and
yes
> > I have latest updates... so, I downloaded the programs to wipe out a and
> > e... which seemed to work.  However, I still have this enc virus...
every so
> > often, my norton will interrupt me and say that a file is infected with
the
> > w32.nimda.enc virus... but why can't I get rid of this version of nimda?
> > With the latest defintions with Norton, it scans my harddrive and says I
> > don't have any viruses but every so often it will halt my system and
tell me
> > I have an infected file and what do I want to do with it... so, it
> > recognizes the virus but it doesn't seem to want to get rid of it.  And
> > symantec's website doesn't seem to have an info for the .enc version of
this
> > virus.

> > Any thoughts or suggestions?
> > Thanks!

Sat, 15 May 2004 23:50:02 GMT

1. W32.Nimda.A@mm and W32.Nimda.enc

2. W32.Nimda.enc

3. W32.Nimda.enc

4. W32.Nimda.enc its killing me!

5. Recurring W32.Nimda.enc

6. Norton Virus Alert...(W32.Nimda.enc)

7. getting rid of '{}'

8. Getting rid of 'warning' in Clisp

9. Getting rid of Mcafee 'purchase' reminder

10. The Smalltalk Store: Why we've been slow, and why we're getting better

11. W32.Nimda.E@mm

12. w32.nimda.a@mm problems