Norton 2003 Antivirus
Author Message
 Norton 2003 Antivirus

Trying to install Norton in Window XP, keep
getting "error 1606 Could not access network
location<common administration tools>.all users\"
No help from Symantec or MSn.Norton worked fine in
Windows ME.

Mon, 28 Mar 2005 03:20:56 GMT
 Norton 2003 Antivirus
I have installed Norton SystemWorks 2003 on my HP laptop
running XP Pro. It installed with no problems right out of
the box. It is on a home network with other Windows,
Linux, and a Sun (Solaris) machine.

I loaded it directly after gutting, reformating, and
reloading the HD. I had been hit by the KLEZ virus which
my McAfee (with up to date virus definition files) did not
catch. The Norton I had loaded on my home machine caught
the virus in email I sent from hotel room to the family.

I reloaded because I found a file on the XP Laptop that
would not go away (c:\program files\xerox\nwwia - see
may be normal in XP loads although I have not been able to
confirm that with anyone who really should know.

Good luck.
Richard Linwood

Quote:

Mon, 28 Mar 2005 05:13:41 GMT

1. Norton's Antivirus 2003

2. Norton 2003 - XP conflict?

3. Win XP and Norton AV 2003

4. How To uninstall norton system works 2002 to install 2003

5. Norton System Works 2003

6. Memory leak and Norton Antivirus

7. Clipper and Norton Antivirus

8. Norton AntiVirus slows Clipper app on a network ???

9. Bizzare Observation with CVF 6.x and Norton Antivirus

10. norton antivirus 2002

11. Norton AntiVirus 5.0

12. Norton Antivirus Can't enable auto protece